• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Calling for JL's head?-Your Thoughts??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

Just a thought and a question?  There comes a time when a coach plateaus out.............maybe he has brought the program to the furthest pt he could and its time for someone new to take us to the next level

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

It's only one game, we'll have to see how this season plays out.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

I am going to give this coaching staff at least one more year. Leavitt build this program to getting a BIG EAST invite. Sure, the bowl game is out of the question now, but we owe Jim Leavitt at least one more year. Leavitt has been loyal to USF, so I expect to see USF loyal to him. We are just young and not ready now. ARMY is much better with their new coach right now. They should have beat TCU, and they killed Cincy. We just need to be happy about the BIG EAST. GO BULLS!!!!

The only reason we owe him another yr is because we do not have the money to buy out his contract and hire a new coach...if that would happen the ticket donation levels will have to go up

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261

I think that's a serious over reaction.

There are a few coordinators that need to be on the chopping block.

Tonight wasn't as much as a coaching issue as it was an issue of poor execution.  Coaches can't complete passes for you and they can't make tackles for you.  They can't keep your opponenet from getting 10 yards behind you and they can't stop you from over pursuing.  Yes, you have to coach and work on these things and I'm certain our staff is.  However, our players simply are not executing.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

not yet, but he is on the clock...  This year overall has been very dissapointing and this game was the clincher.  If the season continues as bas it is now, he has to go

JL doesnt fire people, Hobbie was the worst offesnsive coordinator in America last yr and he still has a job...............so if he doesnt want to start firing his peeps then maybe he should go

• Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

C'mon, don't knee-jerk this. Think about it, this is the first time we've ever actually been mad at our team because they lost and we're eight years in. Wait until the end of the season to make that sort of decision... although this game is going to be a major factor in it.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

Fellas... Fellas... Fellas...

We set a school record for rushing tonight -- that's not bad.  Hall had more than 200 yards -- that's not bad.  We only had 8 penalties for 34 yards -- that's not bad.  I loved the attempt at an on-side kick to start the game! A neat trick that could have worked, except our guys didn't seem like they could reach the ball.

Jim Leavitt does NOT... repeat does NOT deserve the disrespect of calling for his head because of a slight downturn in our season.  Wait until the end of the year to reflect on this -- we still have SIX more games to play, and while I am becoming as pessimistic as the rest of you -- there is a reason they actually play the games.  It is still reasonalbe for us to make a bowl game.

Now, here is what I see to be our problems from this game:

Fire Mike Hobbie!  Mike Hobbie couldn't respond to the adjustments Army made at halftime.  I remain convinced that he should be fired -- heck, I may call for him to be taken outside, shot, dragged around campus, and posted on a stake as a warning for future offensive coordinators who don't seem to understand what is happening on the field.

The Spread SUCKS!!!When will CJL realize that the best COLLEGE offense is one designed to suit the skill of the players we have -- not one that tries to fit players into a scheme.  The talent we have could work VERY WELL in a two-back pro-set... but NOOOO, CJL and Hobbie have to continue the darn spread.  If 367 yards rushing tonight wasn't enough to convince them that we are a better running team than passing team, I don't know what will do it.

Our defense is too fast.  There were many times where they overpursued, allowing the RB to cut back against the grain.  Or defenders got past the blockers, then when the RB cut back, the blockers were behind them.  Because of this, our defense couldn't seem to stop anyone -- never mind that Army has one of the best rushing offenses in the nation.

PJ has lost his edge.  10 of 23?  Some of them weren't his fauly (Peyton dropping a sure touchdown!)... but then what happened on the INT at the 2 yard line?  The WR was wide-open at the back of the endzone, but he tried to hit the TE at the goal line.  Looks to me like the TCU game was the exception, the rest of his games are about the same.

• Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Fellas... Fellas... Fellas...

Our defense is too fast.  There were many times where they overpursued, allowing the RB to cut back against the grain.  Or defenders got past the blockers, then when the RB cut back, the blockers were behind them.  Because of this, our defense couldn't seem to stop anyone -- never mind that Army has one of the best rushing offenses in the nation.

Very interesting observation. Remember, when Bobby Ross coached the Lions, his teams always stuffed the ball right down the Bucs' throats because they would overpursue.