• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Business trip to Dubai, UAE

Bull Martin

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

So, next week I'm going on a two week long business trip to Dubai in the United Arab Emirates.  Of course I'll snap some photos wearing USF gear in front of the extravagant things found in Dubai.

Has anyone been there?

Any advice?

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Don't get your right hand cut off.

• Content Count:  622
  • Days Won:  0

I have a lot of family in Dubai. Its amazing. The good thing is that you are going after the brutal summer months so the heat wont be intolerable.

Just look around and have fun. There are also a lot of foreigners in Dubai so you should not feel alienated as much. Dubai also has a lot of attractions if you have time to check it out..like the indoor ski park.

This link should help as well

http://www.dubaicityguide.com/main/index.asp?ref=vis

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I have a lot of family in Dubai. Its amazing. The good thing is that you are going after the brutal summer months so the heat wont be intolerable.

Just look around and have fun. There are also a lot of foreigners in Dubai so you should not feel alienated as much. Dubai also has a lot of attractions if you have time to check it out..like the indoor ski park.

Cool, thanks.  What are some precautions I should have if any.

I'll be there for 2 weeks and will have the weekends and evening to explore.  I intend on using them to check out as much as I can.

Yeah, I wont be drinking much, and if I do I wont be doing anything like that.  I've heard some of the horror stories.

Yeah, they don't do that...

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

An ex-g/f's dad is going there because he said you can essentially have seven different women from seven different countries in seven days. Surprised to read this news story after the stories I heard at the bar from him and a good friend of his that was going to Dubai with him. Still, it's a city that rivals Vegas.

• Content Count:  771

Check out the hotels and see if there is any way you can get a boat tour of "The World."

• Content Count:  622

Cool, thanks.  What are some precautions I should have if any.

I'll be there for 2 weeks and will have the weekends and evening to explore.  I intend on using them to check out as much as I can.

Yeah, I wont be drinking much, and if I do I wont be doing anything like that.  I've heard some of the horror stories.

Dubai is one of the cities for the highest consumption of alcohol that side of the world...you should be fine if you decide to. Some of the Middle Eastern norms dont apply to Dubai..

Yeah, they don't do that...

Dubai is one of the cities for the highest consumption of alcohol that side of the world...you should be fine if you decide to. Some of the Middle Eastern norms dont apply to Dubai..

• Content Count:  2,307

Brian, I'm jealous!!  2 weeks in Dubai!!  Geez, I am in the wrong field!  Then again, that whole airplane thing wouldn't be fun!

Enjoy it, it looks like a beautiful place to visit.

PS:  Awesome it doesn't interfere with any home games!

And bring me something!!! :-P

• Content Count:  4,642

go play tennis on top of the hotel!

Archived