• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Future Schedules question?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

IMO we play UF in 2010 but the last game will not happen I think UF will buy us out or move the game untill later in the season. I doubt UF wants to start the season with USF

Yeah, they'll want to catch USF on a thursday around weeks 5-7 and hope to catch us in a mid season slump not fully prepared. I hope BJ gets some good work in before then.

We should scratch all the D2 games from here on out.  They are traps anyhow.

WHY?  They still count towards bowl eligibility.  Yes we haven't always had the best start against them, and they aren't great for SOS, but as long as that W helps us go to a bowl, keep 'em.

• Content Count:  3,096
  • Days Won:  1

WHY?  They still count towards bowl eligibility.  Yes we haven't always had the best start against them, and they aren't great for SOS, but as long as that W helps us go to a bowl, keep 'em.

Exactly, look at it as a preseason game for us.  By the way, here are the teams that did not play a FCS (formerly D-1AA) team this season:

ACC (1/12)

- Wake Forest

Big 12 (3/12)

- Nebraska

- Texas

- Texas A&M

Big East (1/8)

- Pitt

Big Ten (2/11)

- Michigan

- Michigan St.

CUSA (5/12)

- East Carolina

- Southern Miss

- Rice

- Tulane

- UTEP

Indy (1/4)

- Notre Dame

MAC (5/13)

- Toledo

- Akron

- Bowling Green

- Buffalo

- Temple

Mtn West (2/9)

- New Mexico

- UNLV

Pac 10 (9/10)

- Arizona

- Cal

- Oregon

- Oregon St.

- Stanford

- UCLA

- USC

- Washington

- Washington St.

SEC (3/12)

- Tennessee

- Vandy

- Alabama

Sun Belt (6/8)

- FAU

- FIU

- Louisiana-Lafayette

- Middle Tennessee

- North Texas

- Troy

WAC (2/9)

- Fresno St.

- Utah St

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

By locking up Miami for five consecutive seasons - there's a $500,000 buyout per game if either team cancels - USF moved its 2011 game at Florida to 2015 and a 2011 home game with Indiana to 2016. USF still will visit UF in 2010.

http://sports.tbo.com/sports/MGBQXET2E2F.html

$500,000 buy out?

We payed TN-Martin more than that for the 1 game.  I don't expect to see the final game in Tampa if the series is not continued.

• Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

IMO we play UF in 2010 but the last game will not happen I think UF will buy us out or move the game untill later in the season. I doubt UF wants to start the season with USF

It would be smarter for them to have us as their opener. For once, we hisorically start slow.  Secondly, if they DO lose, losing in their first game gives them plenty of time to get back into the NC picture, where if we beat them late in the season, they are done

Depends what you mean by "historically." Hopefully, you aren't referencing these past three seasons as slow starts. Since 2006, we've been 16-3 in the first half of the season (compared with 8-6 at the latter half), with all of those losses by 6 points or less (KU '06 - 6 pts, RU '06 - 2 pts, Pitt '08 - 5 pts.). I believe all of our wins over ranked teams came in the first half of the season as well. I agree with BullFreak. Smarter to move us to the end of the season, when we start having our trademark meltdowns.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usf needs to stop scheduling 1aaaaaa teams

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

i think you're right, considering our team likes to suck it up when playing to lesser competition.

Archived