• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

When does it stop hurting...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Days Won:  0

Not to sound TOO pathetic.... but I have been avoiding newspapers, ESPN, talk radio, since last Thursday. Finally decided to come back to the 'pen yesterday. 

When does it stop hurting?? No game for us this weekend...but last year's 3 game slide turned me into a hermit.  I can't be the only one...maybe we need a support group or a crisis-line??  ;D

itll stop hurting when we get  offense that doesnt suck

so you're saying it'll hurt for a long time? ;)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,757

When you start realizing that it is just a game, and that it is only one game, not the end of the world.

Thank you Rabbi Bull.  Let's put some perspective on this!  It's only a game.

And Btown... using drugs to alleviate the "pain" really depends on the type of pain and what kind of drugs!  >:D

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

When you realize this is entertainment and just that.

It quit hurting for me, when I got to work the next day, checked my stocks and forex trades, paid my due bills, read my email, and looked over my TDL. In other words, real life and real worries makes a football game look pretty insignificant.

Can't wait for the 18th. 

:cheers

• Content Count:  959

It quit hurting for me, when I got to [glow=red,2,300]work the next day[/glow], [glow=red,2,300]checked my stocks [/glow] and forex trades, [glow=red,2,300]paid my due bills[/glow], read my email, and looked over my TDL. In other words, real life and [glow=red,2,300]real worries [/glow] makes a football game look pretty insignificant.

Can't wait for the 18th. 

Yeah, but Footbal makes the pain go away unless you loose to a 14 point dog at home then it makes everything worse :cry2

• Content Count:  223
  • Days Won:  1

seating in the upper deck or outfield at the trop with cowbells ringing in your ear and participating in boston sucks chants would make it better.

• Content Count:  3,827

Not to sound TOO pathetic.... but I have been avoiding newspapers, ESPN, talk radio, since last Thursday. Finally decided to come back to the 'pen yesterday. 

When does it stop hurting?? No game for us this weekend...but last year's 3 game slide turned me into a hermit.  I can't be the only one...maybe we need a support group or a crisis-line??  ;D

If it makes you feel any better, I've been feeling this way since FIU.

Watching this team consistently, every year, without fail, play up or down to it's competition is getting very old and I'm sick of it. I don't have much money, and I spend WAY too much of it on season tickets and attending road/bowl USF games.

A re-evaluation is in order, for sure.

• Content Count:  879

I feel your pain.  I've gone to FIU and NCState and I'm going to L'Ville (purchased air fare some time ago), but I can't bring myself to look for a hotel room or a car.  I don't know if I even want to go anymore.  I hear Mammoth Cave is somewhere around L'Ville....So I think that is what I'll try to look forward to.  I hope I get over this funk soon.

If it makes you feel any better, I've been feeling this way since FIU.

Watching this team consistently, every year, without fail, play up or down to it's competition is getting very old and I'm sick of it. I don't have much money, and I spend WAY too much of it on season tickets and attending road/bowl USF games.

A re-evaluation is in order, for sure.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

It quit hurting for me, when I got to [glow=red,2,300]work the next day[/glow], [glow=red,2,300]checked my stocks [/glow] and forex trades, [glow=red,2,300]paid my due bills[/glow], read my email, and looked over my TDL. In other words, real life and [glow=red,2,300]real worries [/glow] makes a football game look pretty insignificant.

Can't wait for the 18th. 

Yeah, but Footbal makes the pain go away unless you loose to a 14 point dog at home then it makes everything worse :cry2

We could have won that game by 50 and I still would have been depressed the next day due to Wall Street continuing to bleed out, making my 401K and meager investments go into the toilet and putting my job at serious risk. Therefore, a loss to a media perceived 14 point underdog did absolutely nothing to worsen my day on Friday. In fact, I kind of got a kick watching the meltdown on here, so it may have been a good thing. Soooo ... ummmm .... thanks guys!  :thanks

So I don't sound too heartless, can we all have a group hug? Sun Dolls first.  >:D ;D

• Content Count:  883

It doesn't.  I too avoid ESPN, newspapers, etc. after a game like last weeks.   

Like Shoop though, I've been feeling this way since UCF and FIU.  Also, I'm guilty of spending entirely way too much time and money on this stuff.  Maybe I shouldn't.  Who knows?  The big wins are great, but the losses hurt bad. 

Why can't we stayed focused for 12 games?  Or at least when we're playing lesser teams?  The BE was there for the taking this year and now most likely our window has closed once again.  **** gets old, but I'll be there next Saturday ready for some more.  I'm a glutton for punishment.

Hopefully, my Rays will make this weekend a good one. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,377
  • Days Won:  10

I've always said that you can tell how good a person's life is by what they complain about.

Some complain that they can't feed their children.  Some complain when their team is 5-1. 

So here's to the great lives we are all living.

Archived