• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mid-Season Report Card

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

Home fans  "A"

nothing says college football like watching drunk fans being hauled out of the stands by the cops in the 1st quarter.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

You all do know we've won 83% of our games right?

BM, I have never been one of the nattering nabobs of negatvity on this board.  I try to be objective, but usually lean to the positive.  Heck I thought my review was relatively positive all things considered.  However, so far we bat a 1-AA, a SunBelt and a CUSA for 3 of our wins.  Of the other 3, NC State was a complete dud of a team (arguably we made them look that way) and we're 1-1 with KU and Pitt.  If we were winning games 42-10 then the general feeling is we'd be fine.  However, except for NC State and UT-Martin we have played below of what the kids are capable of and also inconsistently.  Is there any area of the team you would give an A?

I agree with Sanjay on this one.  Although I would probably grade the D Backs out at a C.

• Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

I agree with SANJAY also.  Well reasoned and a fair grade.  I would mark the OL higher for the way they have been able to pass block, but they have been too inconsistent in that area so C- it is.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

0-1 in conference play

C

• Content Count:  8,044

You all do know we've won 83% of our games right?

BM, I have never been one of the nattering nabobs of negatvity on this board.  I try to be objective, but usually lean to the positive.  Heck I thought my review was relatively positive all things considered.  However, so far we bat a 1-AA, a SunBelt and a CUSA for 3 of our wins.  Of the other 3, NC State was a complete dud of a team (arguably we made them look that way) and we're 1-1 with KU and Pitt.  If we were winning games 42-10 then the general feeling is we'd be fine.  However, except for NC State and UT-Martin we have played below of what the kids are capable of and also inconsistently.  Is there any area of the team you would give an A?

I thought your assesment was pretty good, but people are giving some of our teams Fs and Ds.  I don't get it.

I'd probably give them an overall B-, but if they go 5-1 the rest of the way I'd make it a B+.  If they finish 6-0 I'd give them an A.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I thought your assesment was pretty good, but people are giving some of our teams Fs and Ds.  I don't get it.

DB's deserve Ds or Fs.

So do the coaches.

• Content Count:  8,044

DB's deserve Ds or Fs.

So do the coaches.

We only allowed 26 points, despite the DBs.  I think a D or F would cause a lot more frustration.  If you give them Fs what do you give them if they give up 50?

I tend to think the Defense played well enough.  USF needs to score more than 14 offensive points to win a game.

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

Defense gets a B.

CBs get a D

LB's an A (always have been our strength)

D-line C   need a better pass rush for sure

Offense...C

QBs: A (grothe is playing great, definitley improved on throwing deep)

RBs: C (since gregory is running the Mike Martz version of the spread, they dont get enough love)

O-line: B (not great, not awful, grothe has had a lot of time to throw back there)

WR/TE: B (AJ Love, Taurus Johnson, Cedric Hill all have played well. Bogan, Mitchell and others need to step up

Coaching: C+ (we're 5-1, beat kansas, but offense like like crap against pitt and couldnt capitalize on turn overs, or anything at all

Guest JulmisteForPrez

We only allowed 26 points, despite the DBs.  I think a D or F would cause a lot more frustration.  If you give them Fs what do you give them if they give up 50?

Just my opinion here...

But giving up 26 points to Pitt AT HOME is totally unacceptable.

This is a Pitt team that lost to BGSU AT HOME!

They scored only 17 points against BGSU AT HOME!!  :throwup2

And this is a BGSU team that has since lost to the likes of Minnesota and the illustrious EASTERN MICHIGAN!  :throwup2

Bill Stull is terrible...and he looked great against us.

Harrison Beck is terrible, and he torched us deep thanks to Roberts & Verpaele.

Murphy & Allen are playmakers, but everyone else back struggles mightily.

:chair :chainsaw

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Just my opinion here...

But giving up 26 points to Pitt AT HOME is totally unacceptable.

This is a Pitt team that lost to BGSU AT HOME!

They scored only 17 points against BGSU AT HOME!!  :throwup2

And this is a BGSU team that has since lost to the likes of Minnesota and the illustrious EASTERN MICHIGAN!  :throwup2

Bill Stull is terrible...and he looked great against us.

Harrison Beck is terrible, and he torched us deep thanks to Roberts & Verpaele.

Murphy & Allen are playmakers, but everyone else back struggles mightily.

:chair :chainsaw

You may give them game grades of a D or F for one game, but for the whole season they grade out more towards a B/C. 

Archived