• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mid-Season Report Card

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

We only allowed 26 points, despite the DBs.  I think a D or F would cause a lot more frustration.  If you give them Fs what do you give them if they give up 50?

Just my opinion here...

But giving up 26 points to Pitt AT HOME is totally unacceptable.

This is a Pitt team that lost to BGSU AT HOME!

They scored only 17 points against BGSU AT HOME!!  :throwup2

And this is a BGSU team that has since lost to the likes of Minnesota and the illustrious EASTERN MICHIGAN!  :throwup2

Bill Stull is terrible...and he looked great against us.

Harrison Beck is terrible, and he torched us deep thanks to Roberts & Verpaele.

Murphy & Allen are playmakers, but everyone else back struggles mightily.

:chair :chainsaw

I enjoy how USF always plays up and down to their competition.  Somehow Pitt is above playing down to their competition?  Your telling me you think bowling green is really a better team than Pitt?  I don't think Pitt is a bad team.  They've got a good defense.  It took them a game or 2 to iron out their kins, but they aren't terrible.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JulmisteForPrez

You may give them game grades of a D or F for one game, but for the whole season they grade out more towards a B/C. 

Well, sir, that's your opinion.

Mine is that they get a D or F for the whole season to this point.

Who have they looked good against?

UT-Martin and FIU.

Wow.

• Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

You may give them game grades of a D or F for one game, but for the whole season they grade out more towards a B/C. 

Well, sir, that's your opinion.

Mine is that they get a D or F for the whole season to this point.

Who have they looked good against?

UT-Martin and FIU.

Wow.

Wow - So based on these reviews/report cards we should be a top 5 team and not 19/20 ranked team.  Last I checked the record is based on wins and losses and at 5-1 and soon to be 6-1. I give the players coaches and fans an "A".  I mean style points are nice and perfect play is wonderful but it isn't going to happen.  I came totally unglued when Alverez kick off in the fourth qtr went out of bounds - I mean how do you do that ?  It wasn't even close.  Yes I watched Roberts get beat and had flags fly on him and wasn't happy.  Style points only mean something if we are tied for the BE title and it affects our ranking otherwise just give me the wins.  Did anyone here really think we would be undefeated this season ?  I know I said we weren't along time ago.  If we match our record in the second half of the season and have a 5-1 run we will have had our most wins ever.

Are these grades based on how the Bulls compare with other BE teams, the whole country or just how they have played so far compared to their potential ?

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Wow - So based on these reviews/report cards we should be a top 5 team and not 19/20 ranked team.  Last I checked the record is based on wins and losses and at 5-1 and soon to be 6-1. I give the players coaches and fans an "A".  I mean style points are nice and perfect play is wonderful but it isn't going to happen.  I came totally unglued when Alverez kick off in the fourth qtr went out of bounds - I mean how do you do that ?  It wasn't even close.  Yes I watched Roberts get beat and had flags fly on him and wasn't happy.  Style points only mean something if we are tied for the BE title and it affects our ranking otherwise just give me the wins.  Did anyone here really think we would be undefeated this season ?  I know I said we weren't along time ago.  If we match our record in the second half of the season and have a 5-1 run we will have had our most wins ever.

Are these grades based on how the Bulls compare with other BE teams, the whole country or just how they have played so far compared to their potential ?

Hey...that's cool.  You are entitled to your opinions.

To answer your question, I based my grades pretty much exclusively on our own potential and where we should be at right now (in my opinion) based upon our level of talent and remarkably easy schedule this season.

Not that I think my (not anyone else's) "report card" makes a hill of beans worth of difference.

• Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Hey...that's cool.  You are entitled to your opinions.

To answer your question, I based my grades pretty much exclusively on our own potential and where we should be at right now (in my opinion) based upon our level of talent and remarkably easy schedule this season.

Not that I think my (not anyone else's) "report card" makes a hill of beans worth of difference.

Grades are really just a fun thing to do but I don't know that our schedule is really any easier then most of the top 25 teams.  As of now we have played tow top 25 teams out of six games and went 1-1.  If you look at almost all the other top 25 teams not more then one or two teams have really opened with a strong schedule.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Our DBs are only as good as the guys up front pressuring the QB.  That area has been pretty nonexistent this year, so the DBs shouldn't be the scapegoats.  Sure they've struggled at times, but so has our DL.

Archived