• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Narrow down the offensive weapons

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

USF’s offense should key on a few guys instead of spreading the ball around which can breed inconsistency. Most teams do this on offense not sure why USF does not.

WR

1. Taurus Johnson (He should get the ball thrown his way the majority of the time. The more he gets the ball the more he is likely to breakout)

2. AJ Love (Excellent Speed good hands)

3. Jessie Hester (Does a good Job of getting open on 3rd down in tough situations

TE

1. Cedric Hill (Great option on play action and on 3rd down. He  can be used similar to Hester depending on the formation)

RB

1. Mike Ford (He is a bruiser but will not break the big one)

2. Jamar Taylor (Excellent change of pace from Mike Ford can do similar things but has more speed and can break the game open)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Good overview.  For 5 wide, I would add C. Mitchell and Marcus Edwards.

• Content Count:  4,738

what a novel idea

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

it's pathetic we the fans see what our own coaches can't. stupid ******* gregory.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Good overview.  For 5 wide, I would add C. Mitchell and Marcus Edwards.

id add bogan and mitchell

• Content Count:  637

Bogan and Edwards definitely deserve touches as well.

I'm not so sure about Mitchell anymore. He's obviously freakishly quick, but I'm not sure that his head is in it. He's blown a lot of sure things this year and has caused some trouble by screwing up his routes.

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

How can we get top recruits at skill postions when they don't get to play full time?

• Content Count:  3,103

USF’s offense should key on a few guys instead of spreading the ball around which can breed inconsistency. Most teams do this on offense not sure why USF does not.

WR

1. Taurus Johnson (He should get the ball thrown his way the majority of the time. The more he gets the ball the more he is likely to breakout)

2. AJ Love (Excellent Speed good hands)

3. Jessie Hester (Does a good Job of getting open on 3rd down in tough situations

TE

1. Cedric Hill (Great option on play action and on 3rd down. He  can be used similar to Hester depending on the formation)

RB

1. Mike Ford (He is a bruiser but will not break the big one)

2. Jamar Taylor (Excellent change of pace from Mike Ford can do similar things but has more speed and can break the game open)

I agree with everything except what is bolded, if you saw the 4th quarter, Mike Ford broke some big running plays and is what made our scoring drive.  For a bruiser, I would put in Kelly, he is huge and is great for short yardage situations.  He should be in on all 3rd and shorts or goalline situations.

• Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

Bogan and Edwards definitely deserve touches as well.

I'm not so sure about Mitchell anymore. He's obviously freakishly quick, but I'm not sure that his head is in it. He's blown a lot of sure things this year and has caused some trouble by screwing up his routes.

Mitchell has also been wide open down field on many occasion and Matt has not even given him a look because he is too busy staring down his primary target! Just saying!!!!

Archived