• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Get Loud...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  693
  • Days Won:  0

I was at the game and it was pathetic...the play of the team, but more importantly the noise level. I talked to some friends that weren't at the game and they said the ESPN crew were talking crap about how our stadium had no life and all the fans were dead quiet unlike usual. Well apparently ESPN hasn't been paying attention to any games at home this season. I got season tickets but sit in the student section because I am tired of the alumni and other people from Tampa sitting down the whole game not even clapping. If you look around half the stadium doesnt stand up unless a big play happens or it's a 3rd down. I wish there was somehow we could voice our opinions better and get everyone to make some noise, cause I was about to run to the press box last night and get on the microphone and cuss everyone out for not getting loud.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

Here we go again about not standing.  While I agree that the stadium was and is too quiet, standing IMHO makes no difference on how loud the stadium is or can be.  I see no point in standing.  I paid big money to sit in a particular chair, not stand up.  If I wanted to stand, I could save hundreds of dollars and go stand in the endzone area.  I can get just as loud sitting down and I can standing up.   

• Content Count:  34

I didn't hear the ESPN crew talking any crap, but I also wasn't listening that closely.

• Content Count:  3,407

I was at the game and it was pathetic...the play of the team, but more importantly the noise level. I talked to some friends that weren't at the game and they said the ESPN crew were talking crap about how our stadium had no life and all the fans were dead quiet unlike usual. Well apparently ESPN hasn't been paying attention to any games at home this season. I got season tickets but sit in the student section because I am tired of the alumni and other people from Tampa sitting down the whole game not even clapping. If you look around half the stadium doesnt stand up unless a big play happens or it's a 3rd down. I wish there was somehow we could voice our opinions better and get everyone to make some noise, cause I was about to run to the press box last night and get on the microphone and cuss everyone out for not getting loud.

Take it easy Kevin..  I have been a season ticket holder for 12 years, made many road trips, and most of the time I do not stand up unless it is 3rd down, or a big play..  You do not have to stand every play as long as you are loud in your support... Hell the 5 idiots behind me stood the whole time and were LOUD and Cussing toward Grothe and Leavitt, BTW they also stood and were loud the entire time we were on offense too...  Remember most that sit are the alumni that contribute and make this program strong..  Yes when I was younger I would run end zone to end zone making noise (yes the 2x overtime game against Louisville you could get great seats in both end zones during the entire overtime session).. I had a guy in my section who stood the entire game last night and was the most clueless football fan I ever saw, besides listing and falling all over the place, he also clapped several times when we were penalized? Running to the press box or cursing those around you for not standing on every play is a bit over the top..  I love your passion, but one can generate noise without standing..  I think we just need to educate the fans (no wave when we get the ball... better yet nO WAVE!)  a bit more to what is and is not appropriate!  Remember the Big 3 have been establishing fan decorum for many more decades than we have.. BTW I think the south end zone was louder and more consistent than the North last night...

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

I stand as much as I can, but when told by a TSA rep to sit down, I sit. I come to RayJay to watch the game, not spend the time in a holding sell, or on the outside looking in. I can still raise hell from any position. Ask my wife.  ;D

I know, when I was watching the replay of the Kansas game, the ESPN crew was commenting on how raucus and loud are fans were. I think you need to see the replay. That is, if you can stomach it.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Watching from Arizona, the team looked flat, the fans looked flat, I saw more yawning on the sidelines and in the stands and thought it was kind of odd.  I know the TV presentation has little to do with the game, but early on I told my son that I had a bad feeling.  2000 miles away, it felt weird watching that game, it just seemed like things weren't flowing.  It didn't help that the offense gave us nothing early to get fired up on.

• Content Count:  1,387

Take it easy Kevin..  I have been a season ticket holder for 12 years, made many road trips, and most of the time I do not stand up unless it is 3rd down, or a big play..  You do not have to stand every play as long as you are loud in your support... Hell the 5 idiots behind me stood the whole time and were LOUD and Cussing toward Grothe and Leavitt, BTW they also stood and were loud the entire time we were on offense too...  Remember most that sit are the alumni that contribute and make this program strong..  Yes when I was younger I would run end zone to end zone making noise (yes the 2x overtime game against Louisville you could get great seats in both end zones during the entire overtime session).. I had a guy in my section who stood the entire game last night and was the most clueless football fan I ever saw, besides listing and falling all over the place, he also clapped several times when we were penalized? Running to the press box or cursing those around you for not standing on every play is a bit over the top..  I love your passion, but one can generate noise without standing..  I think we just need to educate the fans (no wave when we get the ball... better yet nO WAVE!)  a bit more to what is and is not appropriate!   Remember the Big 3 have been establishing fan decorum for many more decades than we have.. BTW I think the south end zone was louder and more consistent than the North last night...

What the hell was up with that?! I was so pissed when I saw the north endzone trying to do the wave while we were on offense!

• Content Count:  1,037

Watching from Arizona, the team looked flat, the fans looked flat, I saw more yawning on the sidelines and in the stands and thought it was kind of odd.  I know the TV presentation has little to do with the game, but early on I told my son that I had a bad feeling.  2000 miles away, it felt weird watching that game, it just seemed like things weren't flowing.  It didn't help that the offense gave us nothing early to get fired up on.

Yes I noticed that the fans looked flat. It was weird. It was as if we didn't feel like cheering because PITT wasn't worth our effort. I never miss a minute of any game but I decided to go buy a drink during the 4th quarter and I was surprised at how many people were walking around and watching the game on TV! No wonder the ucif fans were making fun of how our stadium looked empty.

It was great to see all of the green bulls jerseys on campus though. Still hoping for the day when we can improve the atmosphere and how we look on national tv. Still hoping we may one day have an OCS without all of the space and amenities of rayjay.

• Content Count:  743

Student section was lame last night too. I got dirty looks from the girl in front of me for yelling when we were on D. Also saw several students sitting quietly on their phones and a few down the row from me sleeping. What a terrible game.

• Content Count:  1,633

Yes I noticed that the fans looked flat. It was weird. It was as if we didn't feel like cheering because PITT wasn't worth our effort. I never miss a minute of any game but I decided to go buy a drink during the 4th quarter and I was surprised at how many people were walking around and watching the game on TV! No wonder the ucif fans were making fun of how our stadium looked empty.

It was great to see all of the green bulls jerseys on campus though. Still hoping for the day when we can improve the atmosphere and how we look on national tv. Still hoping we may one day have an OCS without all of the space and amenities of rayjay.

Are you serious?

Archived