• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Attendance Average

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  637
  • Days Won:  0

Despite t

If not for the Ray playoff game Thursday night, I think the attendance would have been higher.

We are doing well.  The attendance figures are nice to see.

Even the fans that were there didn't seem overly into it though.

This game had no atmosphere.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,386

The attendance has been a joke thus far.

It's almost as if we're expecting top 5 status or something.

The games are usually entertaining, we're a reasonably good team, and we play at a great venue, I don't understand why people don't come.

I mean, I guess they do, but in particular, the Kansas game as an abomination, as was the Pitt attendance. The atmosphere sucked at the Pitt game. As a student, I think the ticket ordeal is causing some of the annoyance, I'm just buying the mini-game package rather than doing all the BS with sitting in the student section anymore.

You're joking right? The first year in the Big East (WVU, Lou, Cin) USF averaged 38,865 at home. The 2nd BE season (Pit, Cuse, Rut, UConn) USF averaged 30,222 at home. That was a drop of 8,643 from the 1st season to the 2nd.

Last year (WVU, Lou, Cin) USF averaged 53,170. This year with Pitt, Cuse, Rut and UConn, USF is at 52,373 which is only 797 down from last year. USF still has Cuse at Homecoming, UConn and Rutgers to go. The last time this half of the BE played in Tampa, all of the game had an attendance within 5k of each other. Last year, with WVU, Lou and Cin, the spread on the attendance for BE games was almost 10k. Last year the I-AA attendance was half the biggest game. So far this year, the I-AA game was only 10k less than the biggest game. The spread in the attendance numbers for this year are much closer than they were last year. So far, the attendance has been more consistant, which is a good thing.

Kizarvexis

• Content Count:  64

i think the weekday games are killig the attendance. People tend to have a life outside of football for some reason. when games are on saturday they show up cause saturday is all about football. when you have weekday/sunday games, some people jobs and social lives that might distract. hopefully espn drops the big east coverage and we can get back to sunday 7pm games. those were the good old days

• Content Count:  637

The attendance has shown to have less deviation between games, which indeed is a good thing.

However, there's no reason the KU and Pitt games didn't sell out, or at least get very close.

• Content Count:  16

What is it going to be now for the rest of the season?

I'd guess attendance will drop 7K after this first loss and an another 5K for each additional loss.  Every opportunity is precious, Jim.

• Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

The fact that we can't get 12,501 students to every home game is what puzzles me!

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

50,000 average for 2008...

Now if we can average this for 2-3 years maybe the University will plan on building an OCS...

• Content Count:  1,260

The fact that we can't get 12,501 students to every home game is what puzzles me!

The tickets must not be free enough... :)

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Add free beer and you'd fill the student section.  :-)

• Content Count:  1,633

50,000 average for 2008...

Now if we can average this for 2-3 years maybe the University will plan on building an OCS...

Yuck, the idea of that still makes me want to vomit...Why would we want a stadium that isn't nearly as nice as ours? Unless it is concrete, you aren't going to want it, and for a concrete stadium, we are gonna have to wait a while.

Back to the topic, we have only played one Saturday game and it was against a blowhole opponent. It's hard to draw people on weeknights, especally on a Friday night when there are 928409283 high school games going on in the area. The Thursday night game was the same day as the first payoff baseball game in Tampa's history. I am pretty sure we lost a person or two that didnt want to spend 12 hours in plastic stadium seats...

We'll see how it averages out the rest of the season when there aren't any more weird night games.

Archived