• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Attendance Average

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

UConn is on a Sunday so that will hurt attendance.

Rutgers should be a decent crowd.  I know a lot of people who have that game marked on their calendars to attend. 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  760
  • Days Won:  0

Yuck, the idea of that still makes me want to vomit...Why would we want a stadium that isn't nearly as nice as ours? Unless it is concrete, you aren't going to want it, and for a concrete stadium, we are gonna have to wait a while.

Cause its not ours.

Anyway, I think the student's arent showing up because they feel that with this tix policy, they won't get lower bowl seating. And most of them rather not show up than sit in the upper bowl. Atleast thats what I hear from some people. I think its total crap, but what can we do to change it. If they dont wanna show up, then all we are doing is weeding out casual fans.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Yuck, the idea of that still makes me want to vomit...Why would we want a stadium that isn't nearly as nice as ours? Unless it is concrete, you aren't going to want it, and for a concrete stadium, we are gonna have to wait a while.

Well I'm just saying that if the University is going to spend the money for a concrete stadium then they would need to see results now because it will take a while to save the money to build it, design it, and buy the land if need be. It would be nice to have an OCS being planned when we renew the lease with Ray Jay in 2010... or is it 2011?

Back on topic, another market the Bulls needs to tap is the local crowd of locals that would be loyal to the Bulls if we could appeal to them... or in other words steal them away from the Gators, Noles, and Canes that they adopted 20-30 years ago as a last resort.

For example most Gator fans and season ticket holders have never attended one single class at UF...

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

You guys make me laugh.  Two years ago, several of you said you'd be happy filling the lower bowl on a consistent basis.  Now, we come close to filling half of the upper deck and you whine and complain.

You guys make me laugh.  Two years ago, several of you said you'd be happy filling the lower bowl on a consistent basis.  Now, we come close to filling half of the upper deck and you whine and complain.

With success expectations grow. Its the American way. Hell its Human nature.

What if we were all just content with where we are because things could be worse. Yea, that's productive.

What if we were all just content with where we are because things could be worse. Yea, that's productive.

Yes, expectations should grow.  However, they should be realistic and reasonable.  We will get to the point where every home game is a sell out.  Heck, it might even be next year.  Soon, they'll start offering season tickets in the upper deck.  That's when you'll start seeing more sell outs.

Yes, expectations should grow.  However, they should be realistic and reasonable.  We will get to the point where every home game is a sell out.  Heck, it might even be next year.  Soon, they'll start offering season tickets in the upper deck.  That's when you'll start seeing more sell outs.

Agreed. But is it unreasonable to expect a game like Kansas to be a sell out, or PITT. Or even for all 12501 students to show up? idk probably not. But I guess the other factors; such as weekday games; are playing a bigger factor than expected.

It is unreasonable when they are on Friday and Thursday nights respectively.  Now the students, I have no idea why they don't show up in force.

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

Well I'm just saying that if the University is going to spend the money for a concrete stadium then they would need to see results now because it will take a while to save the money to build it, design it, and buy the land if need be. It would be nice to have an OCS being planned when we renew the lease with Ray Jay in 2010... or is it 2011?

Back on topic, another market the Bulls needs to tap is the local crowd of locals that would be loyal to the Bulls if we could appeal to them... or in other words steal them away from the Gators, Noles, and Canes that they adopted 20-30 years ago as a last resort.

For example most Gator fans and season ticket holders have never attended one single class at UF...

We are going to have to win a national championship or two to win over the average fan. average fans like winners, not average teams.

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  1,386

With 51,384 announced for Homecoming against Syracuse, USF is at 52,126 for the year so far. Down 1,044 from last years record of 53,170.

USF needs to average 55,258 for the announced attendance for the last two games to beat last years record.

As for the 51,384 for this game it was;

6th highest home game

17th highest USF game anywhere

5th highest Big East game anywhere

2nd highest Homecoming game behind the HC game last year vs Cincy (57,379)

Kizarvexis

Archived