• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Leavitt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

try and find another coach who couldve made usf this good in 11-12 years. You'll be **** lucky to find one. He does need to get someone in there to coach special teams better (or just better recruiting) and for christs sake get that offense moving!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

the coaches dislike ford's attitude/work ethic

then **** the coaches.

time to put kids in the game that can ******* play.

• Content Count:  1,633

How about this for a coaching idea..

HIRE A G-D SPECIAL TEAMS COACH!!!!!!!

I'm about tired of watching piss poor special teams play, week in and week out...

Yeah, they blocked a punt for a td today, that was outstanding but how about the previous possession where the dood plowed the punter?

Blocked field goals, missed field goals, shanked punts, kickoffs out of bounds, a complete lack of return games......

It is getting old.

• Content Count:  34

Were dang lucky to have leavitt,  think about it, if we didn't, we could've been just like UCF  :o

• Content Count:  277

Leavitt is a good coach, but is he the right guy to take us to the next level.  I hope I'm wrong, but I'm afraid we may have peaked with him in charge.  Play calling, management of personnel, and halftime adjustments all need to be improved to break through where we're at now.  I'm not sure Leavitt is the guy who can do that for us.  Where is the consistency week after week?

• Content Count:  277

the coaches dislike ford's attitude/work ethic

"Hard work is for people short on talent." - George Carlin

• Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

I hate blaming coaches for things...  I am really thinking they need to lose the offensive coordinator though.  In terms of the FORD PROBLEM, you know it's not like we haven't seen this from the start.  Sadly I am used to it by now.  How many times has Ford gone in the game and ignited a scoring drive because of balanced offense?  I guess no one cares.

• Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

I am really thinking they need to lose the offensive coordinator though.  

+1.  Gregory's play calling has been questionable against teams we should have blown out. 

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

In all elements of coaching tonight we failed.  If the coaches take one thing from this it should be that Ford gets all the carries from here on out unless he needs a couple plays off or we are bringing in someone as a change of pace on a 3rd and long. 

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

Burning a timeout on the 2 point conversion was ludicrous.  And it bit us in the ass.  That is all on Leavitt.  Leavitt also failed to a motivate a team last night.  He talked crap about winning the BE and we rolled out our BE opener flat.  Now we find ourselves 1.5 games behind Pitt (2.5 if you count the head to head).  Got to motivate better than that IMO.

With that said, this game didn't have to be as close as it was.  Pitt physically dominated us.  If they develop a "winning attitude' they will beat teams going away.  When the other team's players are better than ours, you can't blame the coaches too much for the gameplan.

Gregory is fine as an offensive coach.  IMO, Burnham is coaching a bad gameplan this year.  Mediocre CB's are in schemes where they get no safety help deep, our DE's overshoot running plays that run back to where they were supposed to be.

Archived