• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tyler Roberts

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

If USF benches RB for fumbling the ball then DB should be benched when they are struggling. Keeping Roberts in the game showed the quality of the depth behind him.

Good point.  A RB puts in on the ground and he is in the doghouse the rest of the game and maybe more.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

If USF benches RB for fumbling the ball then DB should be benched when they are struggling. Keeping Roberts in the game showed the quality of the depth behind him.

Good point.  A RB puts in on the ground and he is in the doghouse the rest of the game and maybe more.

Yeah, which I disagree with.  Q Washington came in for a little bit after the first pass interference but he went out quickly after.  I assume they figured Tyller was tied after he was tested on 2 straight plays.

But hey, CousinRicky, you called this one.  I remember your post during the last few days.  He never turns around...he could have picked it off if he did.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

It's really classes to single out a college athlete and attack them like that.  A professional athlete is getting paid, a college athlete is a kid that is a student first.  If you want to be a Debbie Downer, rip the coaches.  Point out areas where certain athletes need to improve.  To call out a kid for his bad game is pretty sad. 

Good thing you don't have people at work posting a big sign at the front door after you've had a bad day.

shut up... if you play big time college ball you aren't a pansy... people are going to be down on you and thats what you signed up for. he played like garbage...

we all commend him for his efforts and we all know hes a good kid and what not but its simply being stated that he didn't play well... who cares if hes not getting paid... in a sense he is. he lives for free and gets his degree for free.

for most of us, that stuff costs money.

• Content Count:  17

I'm not big on calling out specific players, either, but Roberts had a horrible game.  In addition to getting toasted a few times and getting those two pass interferences, there were a few other plays when, quite honestly, he should have gotten pass interference called against him but didn't.  Nothing against the guy personally, but he just didnt do what he needed to do tonight, and his play had the biggest negative impact defensively of any player out there.  You can't run into the guy you're defending without even pretending to look at the ball and not expect to get a penalty every time.  I was having a hard time figuring out why the coaches kept him out there in that position when he clearly was not ready for it tonight.

• Content Count:  5,241

He needs to look for the ******* BALL!! does mike jenkins and trae have some all star DB family or something we could recruit?

• Content Count:  2,478

I rarely ever completely lose it about a college player. But I just don't see how Tyller Roberts was allowed to stay in the game. He gave up a huge TD which he could have easily deflected if he hadn't slowed down. And the 3 or 4 Pass INT calls!!!! That was genius to keep throwing towards him because it was almost a guaranteed 15yds & 1st down. That was great call by Wandstadt.

Did we not have any other CB's that could go in? I just don't get the logic.

• Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

While I'll agree that there were some clear issues out there, I don't think it is fair to single the guy out like that.  How about we get a little pressure on the QB so he isn't able to camp there and air it out?

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

While I'll agree that there were some clear issues out there, I don't think it is fair to single the guy out like that.  How about we get a little pressure on the QB so he isn't able to camp there and air it out?

no doubt... our secondary COLLECTIVELY sucks. He just happened to have the worst game of the bunch.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

He just seems to never look back and i dunno if its coaching or just having no ball skills. 

Archived