• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Future Schedule Questions & Comments

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

1) Has the NCAA passed the new 12-games per year rule?  I thought I saw that recommendation - although it may only have been for a specific season.

2) Other than Penn State and UCF, do we have any other OOC games scheduled?  The NationalChamps site still says we have a home game with Eastern Michigan, but I wasn't sure if this was still on.

3) I know we have only 7 Big East games next year.. some quick thoughts: We probably won't play the same teams on the road or at home next year, that means we get to host Louisville and Cincinnati while traveling to Pittsburgh and Syracuse.   We get two road games out of WVU, U Conn, and Rutgers - with the thrid game at Ray Jay.

We know that we go to Syrcause because of their 2005 schedule is is easy to set.  First, in 2004 they host Pitt, UConn, Rutgers, & Cincy - which means they get those four on the road next year.  That leaves WVU, Louisville and USF for their only three Big East home games.

This would leave a schedule that could look like this for 2005 (note two trips to Pennsylvania):

@ Penn State

vs Central Florida

vs Eastern Michigan (?)

<FOURTH OOC : T.B.A. >

@ Pittsburgh

@ Syracuse

vs Louisville

vs Cincinnati

@ U Conn, WVU, or Rutgers

@ U Conn, WVU, or Rutgers

vs U Conn, WVU, or Rutgers

Of course, if there are somehow 12 games next year, then we need to find a FIFTH OOC game... UGH.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661
  • Days Won:  0

1. No idea, but if the power schools want it they'll probably get around to it at some point.

2. Eastern Michigan got cancelled a long time ago. We do have semi-confirmed trips to Auburn and UF for 2006 and beyond. I don't remember which years. No home games or series though that have been publicly announced.

3a. Supposedly the Big East has already determined which schools will play 3 conference home games in each year. We will host 3 Big East teams in 2005, and 4 in 2006.

3b. Don't assume that the existing home-away rotation will be kept. It wasn't in basketball (we hosted Cincinnati two years straight) and it wasn't in football (we went to East Carolina two years straight). I imagine they'll preserve existing patterns as much as possible but don't be surprised if we end up going to UofL or UC, or hosting Pitt, a second straight year in 2005.

• Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  1,386

Here is the future OoC from the 2004 Media Guide.

Sep 3rd @Penn St.

Sep 17th vs UCF

Sep 16th @UCF

Sep 15th @Auburn

Sep 13th @UF

Sep 5th @UF

Kizarvexis

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

If we are still hell bent on 6 home games for 2005, then we need to schedule 2 more.  From previous articles, posts, etc. I believe we are still talking to FAMU as the 1AA game.  I assume the other would have to be a payday without any return to a desperate 1A probably from the Sun Belt - FIU, LA-XX, etc.  I would think anybody that could do a 1 for 1 in the future is already booked for next year.

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

Isnt FAMU division I soon, and I'd like to see us play an easy in-state team (FIU, FAMU or BCC).  I would say FAU but theyre a little harder

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

I believe that FAMU ended up deciding to stay I-AA.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  143

I would like to see us play our good ol' friends at Troy.  I think that would be a good game to see.  Also, either FAU or FIU.  Assuming they both fullfill their 1-A transitional requirement with the attendance.  But from what I saw watching FIU play UL-LaLa on Sunshine, thats not gonna happen.

I would say FAU but theyre a little harder

Their team this year is heavily full of seniors, so I dont think they'll be all that good next year.

My 2005 Schedule (11 games)

at  Penn State

vs.  UCF

vs.  FAMU/FIU/FAU

vs.  ????????? (probably another 1-AA)

at  Syracuse

at  Cincinnati

vs.  UConn

at  Pittsburgh

vs.  Louisville

vs.  West Virginia

at  Rutgers

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

To cloud things up more, I don't believe USF has a final ruling on UCF being th Bulls required CUSA game.  IMO, I hope they are not.  It will help the schedule.  There has been some info. in the paper about USF talking to USM, Tulane and a few other CUSA teams about scheduling games.  I believe the NCAA has partially approved the 12 game season.  I'd be surprized if its OK'd for the 2005 season though.  My guess is we are gonna see another D1AA in RJS in 2005.

Guest UABGrad

UNLV back out on UAB last month and we are rumored to be looking at a 1-aa.  I would rather play you guys.  

If the Management Council approves the 12 game schedule in January, 2005 the BOD doesn't vote until April, 2005.  I've read if approved, the 12 game schedule could come as late as 2009.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Most of us would rather play you than a 1-AA team also.