• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

backup QB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

And Cincinnati has less game film on Maikon Bonani as a QB. Guess we should use him.

• Content Count:  557
  • Days Won:  0

Score is tied 30-30. 4 minutes left. South Florida is defending its #5 ranking on national television in Cincinnati. Grothe is out with a concussion.

Who do you want our QB to be?

It has to be gregory.  There is no way we should be putting an untested true freshman in the game with that much on the line.

Gregory is a very good QB wether you guys want to believe it or not. He is a senior who has experience. BJ can get his reps next year when Gregory is gone.

I think Gregory is a great fill in for an injured Grothe.

• Content Count:  2,726

Score is tied 30-30. 4 minutes left. South Florida is defending its #5 ranking on national television in Cincinnati. Grothe is out with a concussion.

I do too...

Gregory still runs the offense when he's in there. 

GO BULLS!!!

It has to be gregory.  There is no way we should be putting an untested true freshman in the game with that much on the line.

Gregory is a very good QB wether you guys want to believe it or not. He is a senior who has experience. BJ can get his reps next year when Gregory is gone.

• Content Count:  5,249

yes, in that scenario with only 4 minutes left in the game i would put Gregory in, put the ball in Mike Ford's hands, run as much clock as possible and put the game on Boom Boom's leg... then depend on the D to keep them out of the endzone with hopefully 2 minutes or less on the clock.

i would trust Gregory to have better ball management skills in that situation.

but if Grothe received the concussion at Louisville and we had to decide on who would get the majority of snaps against Cinci for an entire game, i think BJ is far more dynamic than Gregory and could give us a better shot at putting points on the board.

the only advantage Grant has over BJ--- and in the world of college football quarterbacking it's a big one--- is his experience.

BJ is more talented athletically.

• Content Count:  622

Gregory is still our second string...and he needs game experience as well just in case Grothe does get hurt and the game is on the line.

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Brett Favre.

Why in God's name would you want an interception thrown with the game on the line??  >:D

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Brett Favre.

Why in God's name would you want an interception thrown with the game on the line??  >:D

How bad is Matt's concussion?

I like Gregory, his work ethic is amazing, he's tough, and he does have experience. My concern is, even in limited snaps, he still hasn't show that he knows how to turn down the dial on the cannon and throw a good pass without it being batted down at the line... or worse, tipped and picked (see Tennessee Martin, 2008).

So, I have to agree that with 4 minutes to go, Gregory is our guy. If Matt is going to miss significant time, it's time to put BJ in there and put the game on Mike Ford and Jamar Taylor.

• Content Count:  2,019

+1.  Not to mention Grant has proven his abilities.

• Content Count:  9,763
  • Days Won:  9

BJ looked pretty good, but that was against Tennessee Martin.  Grant Gregory looked good last year against UCF and Syracuse.  While they aren't great teams, its still more to go on than Tennessee Martin.

Advantage Gregory.  He's our QB 2 right now and in the foreseeable future.

Archived