• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Away Game Watch Location to Consider

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Last night I was at the Gator's Dockside on Fowler just east of 56th Street.   Initially the thought of going to any place with the name "Gator" in it would be unthinkable.  Since the Clubhouse closed down I was looking for a place nearby to watch the game, without going on campus to the Beef O Brady location.  BTW the Gator name refers to the alligator not those creeps north of us.  LOL

The food there is pretty good and reasonably priced.  I thought the service was good, especially considering the number of people there last night Their drinks were inexpensive. The place was jammed packed with USF fans.  WBUL was broadcasting from outside and had giveaways and prizes such as USF shirts and concert tickets, and they will be doing so for the remainder of the away games. Everybody seemed to have a fun time. It is a location you might want to consider going to to watch the away games. They also give a discount on food to USF alumni.

Gator's Dockside Tampa

5840 Fowler Avenue

Tampa, FL 33617

813-341-4445

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Gator's is awesome!  Monday night  all you can eat wings pwn!

Yes its a great place, I was sick of wings for a awhile after the monday I went there.

• Content Count:  1,479
  • Days Won:  0

I enjoy going to Gators for lunch, and I even know a couple ppl that work there, but there is no way I would go to a place with Gator in the name of it for a USF game.

Mama, not sure on this, but I was told that the chain started in Gainesville, so hard to believe it was named for alligators instead of UF.

That said, if you dont mind the name, its a good place.

• Content Count:  2,461

The Gators in Pinellas is ALL decked out with Gators stuff... Including glass cases with signed sh1t.

The Gators in Pinellas is ALL decked out with Gators stuff... Including glass cases with signed sh1t.

The Gator's on Fowler was decked out with USF stuff.  I guess it depends upon where the restaurant is located.

I felt exactly the same way as many of you did.........couldn't think about going to a place with Gator in the name.  Anyway, I just threw out the location for you to consider.  Everyone will make up their own mind.

WBUL will be there every away game.  They had give aways and it was fun. 

Inside the restaurant with the exception of one or 2 TV's airing Baseball, all their big screens and TVs all over were showing the USF game.  Two of their big screens are big......like from floor to ceiling tall.  Watch Matt throw a bomb on that set.  LOL

Agan, it is strictly an individual choice as to whether to go their or not for the away games. 

Just giving you another location to consider.  It is near the school and almost around the corner from my house....talk about convenience. 

GO BULLS!

Isn't the sign orange and blue?

To tell you the truth, I don't remember.  I didn't pay attention to anything but the name.  LOL

I'll check it out tomorrow and report back.    Of course, I can ignore that and say I'm color blind.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

2 questions....

1. The Clubhouse closed???? WTF???? Of course it's been 3 years since I lived up there but they had good food.

2. I hadn't checked... did the Beef's on 50th close when the on campus location opened up?

• Content Count:  5,241

yea clubhouse closed, it hasnt been that good for a while thou

Archived