• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Cameron Indoor Stadium

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

Hey Guys, I'm up in Raleigh for the NC State game and me and the guys I'm with made the drive over to Duke and found Cameron Indoor and we just walked in and took pics . If any of you guys are up here and are bball fans, you should definitely try to go tomorrow. Here's a couple of pics that I took from my phone. I'll try t get more up if one of the guys i'm with has their camera cord...

m_13a48a381acd4ad0a996076e1d061229.jpg

m_f9fd867b4e5149ae9094046beed3fd1a.jpg

• Content Count:  45

Cameron is one of those stadiums you walk in and can't believe a top-level college team plays there.  I like it because of the history, but it's so much smaller in person than you'd ever think watching it on tv. 

Being an NC State guy, I suggest you check out Reynolds Coliseum on the NCSU campus if you have time.  It's in the same mold as Cameron in terms of age and historic feel/look, but is bigger and was home to many of the early ACC tournaments back in the day.  I believe it was the largest (seating-wise) basketball arena in the south up to the 50s or 60s (I could be wrong about that, though).

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

Hey Wolfpack fan, what ever happened to Julius Hodge?  Last I heard he was on the Nuggets D-league team.  I believe he was shot too or something like that?

I was a big fan back in the Sendek, Hodge, Ivtimov (sp?) days.  How you guys looking this year?

• Content Count:  45

Hey Wolfpack fan, what ever happened to Julius Hodge?  Last I heard he was on the Nuggets D-league team.  I believe he was shot too or something like that?

I was a big fan back in the Sendek, Hodge, Ivtimov (sp?) days.  How you guys looking this year?

Last I heard, Hodge is playing pro ball in Austrailia (I believe).  He's not in the NBA though.  Not much of a shooter or athlete, so that kinda kills him in today's NBA where you have to be one or the other. 

We have nowhere to go but up this coming season after finishing 12 out of 12 last season.  Lost JJ Hickson to the first round of the NBA draft, but most expect us to be a little better.  Middle of the conference is probably our peak this season though.

Good luck to you guys in the Big East this season.

• Content Count:  4,501

Hey bouncer - I did the same thing one summer when I was up there for work.  It really is pretty neat walking in there.  Did you go to coach Ks office ?

• Content Count:  1,633

No, unfortunately I didnt even think about that...We were worried about getting kicked out...

• Content Count:  3,574

You should go during a game.

Nothing like it...

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

I stopped by per your suggestion. I couldn't believe how small it was. But even given it's age and size it was still an amazing arena. Not to mention the fact that when I visited there today the volleyball team was practicing... :D

• Content Count:  3,078

what a dump...

you missed your turn if you wanted to see a place where real basketball is played

• Content Count:  1,528

Hey Guys, I'm up in Raleigh for the NC State game and me and the guys I'm with made the drive over to Duke and found Cameron Indoor and we just walked in and took pics . If any of you guys are up here and are bball fans, you should definitely try to go tomorrow. Here's a couple of pics that I took from my phone. I'll try t get more up if one of the guys i'm with has their camera cord...

m_13a48a381acd4ad0a996076e1d061229.jpg

m_f9fd867b4e5149ae9094046beed3fd1a.jpg

You blew it! You and your buddies should have brought a ball and played a pickup game in there. Imagine the beer drinking story you could share for years to come.

Archived