• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Cameron Indoor Stadium

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

what a dump...

you missed your turn if you wanted to see a place where real basketball is played

While I agree with your idea that the better program is 8 miles down the road, one of things on my bucket list is to see a Duke/UNC game at Cameron... I've heard there's nothing like it.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  3,574
  • Days Won:  0

what a dump...

you missed your turn if you wanted to see a place where real basketball is played

lol... make sure you add a tar heel in your avatar.

• Content Count:  3,574

what a dump...

While I agree with your idea that the better program is 8 miles down the road, one of things on my bucket list is to see a Duke/UNC game at Cameron... I've heard there's nothing like it.

Those are real CHEAP. ;)

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Crambone and I took a drive around the Duke and UNC campuses back in '06 when we played UNC up there, and I was just blown away. Absolutely gorgeous campuses.

• Content Count:  1,633

Hey Guys, I'm up in Raleigh for the NC State game and me and the guys I'm with made the drive over to Duke and found Cameron Indoor and we just walked in and took pics . If any of you guys are up here and are bball fans, you should definitely try to go tomorrow. Here's a couple of pics that I took from my phone. I'll try t get more up if one of the guys i'm with has their camera cord...

m_13a48a381acd4ad0a996076e1d061229.jpg

m_f9fd867b4e5149ae9094046beed3fd1a.jpg

You blew it! You and your buddies should have brought a ball and played a pickup game in there. Imagine the beer drinking story you could share for years to come.

Hell, we just planned on taking pictures of the campuses...When we walked in and nobody said anything, and then we walked around on the court and took pics and still, nobody said anything, we were OK with that....

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

You blew it! You and your buddies should have brought a ball and played a pickup game in there. Imagine the beer drinking story you could share for years to come.

Yes, and what baskets would they have shot into? Check the pictures again. :)

A couple years ago when we went to Kansas, someone (I think it was Joe Tomaino) convinced an attendant at the KU Hall of Fame to let us into Allen Fieldhouse to look around. It's amazing how 15,000 people fit into that tiny building. It must be a phenomenal atmosphere during a big game, or even a small game.

• Content Count:  651

By far the best college basketball stadium. EVER! Grew up a big Duke fan!!!!! I went to a basketball camp there when I was in 8th grade, got to play knockout with Trajan Langdon aka " The Alaskan Assassin." Thought he might take it easy on me but knocked me out right away.

• Content Count:  341

what a dump...

it's pretty impossible to get into that game...undergrads start camping out for it the day they get back from christmas break..sometimes even before...that's 3 months of camping out in the coldest months of the year....it's pretty awesome to see all the tents out though....grad students are lucky and only have to campout for a weekend though

i'll have to post some of my pics from last season later (no access to facebook at work)

Archived