• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Quit calling USF @ UCF ....UCF's "Superbowl"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Get over yourselves.  The game was a big home game for us and definitely the bigger OOC game at home...but we've much bigger home games and have much bigger home games in the future.  I'm just saying....posting that garbage about it being our "superbowl" comes off as being arrogant a-holes.  Even when Texas came in last year...we didn't see that as our "Super Bowl"...just a good opponent.  USF is just down the road...of course it would pack in our place...you brought in 700 more than Marshall did last year...congrats.  I guess you can say what you want to say...but it's not how I felt about it.  I don't even recognize you as a real BCS team, yet...just a team that's in a BCS conference.

This paragraph sums up the reason why you made this thread: you want to slight USF in any way possible, and this is how you do it.  You can't beat us on the field, so you make our game to be "just another normal game" in spite of overwhelming evidence that shows otherwise.

And tell me, if USF isn't a "real BCS team", then who is?  USF has numerous wins over ranked opponents, many more wins against BCS teams, more than one bowl invite and a bowl win.  If that doesn't qualify, then I'd love to hear what does qualify a team to be a "real BCS team".  Actually, knowing the UCF faithful, only a team that won their conference would be a "real BCS team", huh?  A crappy conference title in the FBS's weakest conference and an even crappier erector set stadium are the ONLY things that UCF has over us.  The simple fact that UCF would jump at the chance to play USF again while USF doesn't want to play UCF again shows exactly how both sides view this now-over series.

Even if we blow this season and end up 4-8, we will still be better than UCF.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Get over yourselves.  The game was a big home game for us and definitely the bigger OOC game at home...but we've much bigger home games and have much bigger home games in the future.  I'm just saying....posting that garbage about it being our "superbowl" comes off as being arrogant a-holes.  Even when Texas came in last year...we didn't see that as our "Super Bowl"...just a good opponent.  USF is just down the road...of course it would pack in our place...you brought in 700 more than Marshall did last year...congrats.  I guess you can say what you want to say...but it's not how I felt about it.  I don't even recognize you as a real BCS team, yet...just a team that's in a BCS conference.

BTW....you newbies can blow me...I've been posting in here for a lot longer than any of you and this board is called the "state of florida".

Dude, you started this thread.  We were happily ignoring you guys.  Hell even Nobama/flsportsfan/ucf-fake-id-guy swore off talking about you. 

• Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  0

BTW....you newbies can blow me...I've been posting in here for a lot longer than any of you and this board is called the "state of florida".

typical ucif crap... big talk yet no action... id understand if you had won the game but you didnt.. 4 years in a row and u havent won so where does that leave you with room to talk? it doesnt!   this is all a pipe dream for u...  who cares if u dont recognize us as a BCS team, tough luck dipshyt we are one, like it or not... as for you?  what can u say ucif is?  lackluster D1 team? barely... more along the lines of subdivision style......   why dont u run your mouth when u have the numbers and stats to back it up? until then, leave the garbage on the ucif board.... oh and by the way, if we come off as arrogant ********, its because we have 4 years worth of victory against your sorry excuse for a team to back it up, and plus, its your opinion, dont confuse our pride with arrogance... ohhh how this conversation would be completely different had u guys won

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

How much where those USF tickets?  How much are the rest of your games (including C-USA powerhouse ECU)?  Which game did you only allow season ticket holders to purchase single game tickets for?  I don't think USF is the one calling it your super bowl.

BTW....you newbies can blow me...

If that's a solicitation, please take it to PM's .... If not, please knock it off.

If this type back and forth continues, I see a dedicated thread in the near future.  ::)

• Content Count:  684

Dude, you guys had shirts made.  Stop being such a baby, it's over.

wasnt aware of this one.... what did the shirts say?

Dude, you guys had shirts made.  Stop being such a baby, it's over.

wasnt aware of this one.... what did the shirts say?

There was one in my sig pic (photoshopped to the USF shirt in the upper right hand corner)

Originally, it said "Knights" in black and gold where the USF now is and the "1" was gold with a black outline.  Not the best looking shirts I've seen, but they were still made!

• Content Count:  5,241

If youre gonna be some internet guy that claims he's been on the forum longer than us, you shouldve learned to root for the right team by now  ::)

• Content Count:  1,037

The WVU game was our superbowl last year...

Its just a word with a vague meaning. Evey team has one big home game on their schedule that generates more attention and excitement. This year it was the Kansas game for us. You sound very touchy on the whole issue.

There are a number of negative USF threads on the UCF board so I don't see why we can't run with the "superbowl" thing. USC and Florida would never agree to play at BHNS by the way. So you may never have a "real superbowl."

• Content Count:  711

...but we've had much bigger home games and have much bigger home games in the future. .

Name them

#7 Va Tech...#5 Texas in the past....Miami next year, to name a few.

Overall...I'm not saying the game wasn't big...it definitely was!  But it had nothing to do with USF being a "prized" team to have at home...it was our last game and we just really wanted to end it with a W against USF.  The fact that you were ranked would have been icing on the cake...but it'd have never made made national headlines and stopped the clock of college football.  It would have been a monkey off our back.  Hell...ECU may come in ranked, too...but it's still ECU.  When ECU does come in to play and their still ranked....and both of our teams are tied for the conference east...that'll be a MUCH bigger game, IMO.

I'm not trying to knock you guy's team...but you were hardly a tradition rich program coming into our stadium to be called, "our Super Bowl".  That's just silly.

How much where those USF tickets?  How much are the rest of your games (including C-USA powerhouse ECU)?  Which game did you only allow season ticket holders to purchase single game tickets for?  I don't think USF is the one calling it your super bowl.

Onto this...yeah...that game was going to guarantee a sellout.  It's USF/UCF at UCF.  But other than ECU....the USF game was no doubt our biggest, compared to the rest, for sure.  Y'all are ranked and had beaten us 3 years in a row....of course it would be big.

Archived