• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So, I'm watching the Muffler Bowl

Guest BasketBull.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Our passing game in that bowl game was Brandon Baker's fake punt completion.

I think we all realized a little too late that our punter should have also been our QB.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

It was all about our D and running game which got us to the bowl in the first place

Our D did their job, keeping them out of the endzone most of the day.

Our offense was Andre.  THe problem was, they had a decend D against the run and were ready for us.  Once they neutralized him, we had nothing to back it up.  We had a lot of 3 and outs.

If we had our offense from today, we would have won that NC state game....

• Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Mario and few other NFL type players were on that NC St team - very very very good defense.

• Content Count:  1,757

Julmiste was one of the hardest working kids I've seen.  He had the heart of a lion and TONS of potential.  Too bad his QB coach (Rod Dip**** Smith) couldn't teach him proper throwing technique.  It looked like Rod didn't even try.

It didn't help that NCState had 2 first round draft picks on that defense (if I remember that right).    

• Content Count:  1,260

Julmiste was one of the hardest working kids I've seen.  He had the heart of a lion and TONS of potential.  Too bad his QB coach (Rod Dip**** Smith) couldn't teach him proper throwing technique.  It looked like Rod didn't even try.

It didn't help that NCState had 2 first round draft picks on that defense (if I remember that right).    

From the line that played against us they had THREE 1st rounders in 2006: DE Mario Williams (Texans)...DE Manny Lawson (Niners)..and DT John McCargo (Bills) (They also had a DB and LB drafted in later rounds) In 2007 they had the remaining DT from the line that faced us go in round 3..and another DB in round 4.

Obviously we were playing against  an extremely talented defense...

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

It was all about our D and running game which got us to the bowl in the first place

Our offense was Andre.  THe problem was, they had a decend D against the run and were ready for us.  Once they neutralized him, we had nothing to back it up.  We had a lot of 3 and outs.

They had a decent D?  They had an awesome defense.  They had 3 first rounders including the 1st overall pick.

That was an all around awesome bowl experience except for the final score.

Overall our offense is so much better than it was then.  At least Julmiste could hold onto the snap.  Our receivers were not very good back then either.  Also, remember, our most talented (not best, but most talented) receiver got kicked off the team the week before the bowl game.  I'll take this year's offense over that offense any day and my opinion is that our defense is just as good as it was back then.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

But I couldn't agree with you more on the location and venue.  I've been to all 3 usf bowl games and I have to say that Charlotte was by far the best location.  The stadium was right downtown (or uptown as they call it).  You could walk from bar to bar with a drink.  The downtown pep-rally the day before was awesome.  If we can't get a BCS bowl, that would be my choice.

You summed it up perfectly.  Charlotte rocked, and I would go back there in a heartbeat.

• Content Count:  1,400

They had a decent D?  They had an awesome defense.  They had 3 first rounders including the 1st overall pick.

That was an all around awesome bowl experience except for the final score.

Overall our offense is so much better than it was then.  At least Julmiste could hold onto the snap.  Our receivers were not very good back then either.   Also, remember, our most talented (not best, but most talented) receiver got kicked off the team the week before the bowl game.  I'll take this year's offense over that offense any day and my opinion is that our defense is just as good as it was back then.

oh yeah where is Johnny  Peyton now?

Charlotte was a great experiance (you always remember your first bowl game), very nice city I even remeber the near riots during the new years queen city celebration down town. great memories...

• Content Count:  4,642

we had a QB? i thought andre hall just lined up under center and we ran a draw every play?

• Content Count:  3,403

sorry guys, but i have fond memories of that game.

Yes, the outcome sucked.

But Charlotte was a great place for a bowl.  NC State fans were very cordial.  The event was a blast (I got there early and went to all of the fan stuff).  We walked around with beer.  Never got hasseled.  Kids had a great time.  Felt safe in the town (except for new years night, that was not very cool).

I didn't expect us to win, but was happy we were there. 

IF it were today and we lost, that would be a different story.  But back then, that was a very cool thing to be at our first bowl game. 

Watching the game unfold and getting shut out blew.  We were just horrible that day--and so was NC state for that matter.

But I couldn't agree with you more on the location and venue.  I've been to all 3 usf bowl games and I have to say that Charlotte was by far the best location.  The stadium was right downtown (or uptown as they call it).  You could walk from bar to bar with a drink.  The downtown pep-rally the day before was awesome.  If we can't get a BCS bowl, that would be my choice.

I dunno, El Paso was pretty awesome.  That stadium being inside of a mountain was rather cool.

Archived