• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So, I'm watching the Muffler Bowl

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21,305
  • Days Won:  10

I believe they had a different coach and different players.  I think we have a shot if we can execute right.  That FIU game might have put the fear of god in them and lets pray it carries over for the next two games.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  971
  • Days Won:  0

It's not Pat's fault that Carlton Hill fumbled twice.  I remember that too, along with the good times.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

You'll not find a bigger PJ supporter than me.  I always stood up for him when others would rag on him.

I got his autograph at the 2006 Spring Game!  =p

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

It's not Pat's fault that Carlton Hill fumbled twice.  I remember that too, along with the good times.

On back to back plays no less. Lost a fumble, the D got it back, and he lost a fumble on the first play the next possession.

And Riz, they did have a different coach back then. Chuck Tomato was coaching them at that point.

• Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Long time observer, first time poster...

I was at the Meineke Car Care Bowl.  I will also be in the stands on Saturday when our Bulls repay the only shutout in our history.  I will say that the MCCB was a great environment...very friendly fans, neat city, good vibe overall to the bowl festivities.

However....we played like a bag of hell.  As good as that defense was, we lost that game on offense, pure and simple.  Julmiste would have made a great TE; a QB, he was not.  When CJL put Hill in (and he coughed it up on two consecutive fumbles), it was out of desperation...PJ was absolute crap.  I still blame Julmiste for that loss...sorry, PJ fans.

On Saturday, Grothe will NOT allow us to lose.

Archived