• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Realistic Bowl Chances-What do you think

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,651
  • Days Won:  6

I really think that C-USA is going to be one big blob from 1-6 and we should be in there somewhere. I think we will be headed to New Orleans after finishing 6-5. I hope so, cuz I wanna go ...

New Orleans will probably have to pick their CUSA rep before our last game due to time constraints.  So hopefully we have 6 wins before playing Pitt.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Snowball's chance in hell.  We ain't beating UL or uab and our stupid penalties and horrible offense will knock us out of 3 others.  6-5 aint gettin it done this year with us leaving the conference next year.  

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

we can't beat UL

UL will destroy us!

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  128
  • Days Won:  0

What is wrong with a lot of you?  We are 2-2 with losses to 2 decent teams.  Not all is lost so stop acting like it is.  Sure I assume we will lose to UL but UAB is not some powerhouse and will be very beatable.  Some of you moan like little babies at the slightest things.  Take a look around the country and see that each game takes on its own battles and one or two losses is not the end of the world.  We do play a decent amount of youth and hopefully the team continues to grow.  I understand people being critical over individuals play such as the QB and pointing out that it needs improvements but to just come up with statements that we have no chance at a bowl is ludicrous.  5 teams go bowling if eligible from c-usa and we already beat one that is predicted to go.  I will wait to past judgement on this team until after the UAB game because then the picture will be a lot better.  So please in your wise wisdom who will be the fifth team?  I see UL and USM near the top and then Memphis, UAB, and us.  TCU will get there 6 wins so they will be in the picture but I see us getting 6 or 7 wins as well so it will come down to do they pick TCU or us.  I still am not convinced that UAB or Memphis are all that and only time will proove it.  Neither have a big win unless you consider UABs win over Memphis a big win.  Truthfully, TCUs win over Northwestern probably counts as a better win.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,779
  • Days Won:  3

Well....here it is Sunday morning.

Let's revisit this thread, shall we.

After losing to Army, I feel we can safely say that to consider bowl opportunites, given the current level of play, is an exercise in futility.

We all penciled in Army as a "W" early in the seaon. However, given last nights' adventure, I feel it safe to say that the the best we can hope -  and I MEAN HOPE - for at this point is to maybe beat ECU and maybe beat Cinci.

Other than that...I don't see us beating Memphis or Pitt and certinaly not L'ville on the road.  8)

• Topic Count:  1,148
  • Content Count:  6,502

To paraphrase the Soup Nazi: NO BOWL FOR YOU!!  NEXT!!!!!!!

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

I am glad someone brought this thread back up.  I know this is college football and a lot of things can happen, but after last night I would say we are pretty much out of the hunt for a bowl game.  I mean, come on.  Either Ross is turning that program around or we are just a young, inconsistent team that will leave C-USA quietly and start making our mark in the BE.  

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

I am glad someone brought this thread back up.  I know this is college football and a lot of things can happen, but after last night I would say we are pretty much out of the hunt for a bowl game.  I mean, come on.  Either Ross is turning that program around or we are just a young, inconsistent team that will leave C-USA quietly and start making our mark in the BE.  

Probably a bit of both, that was a well coached army team last night. You could tell the talent wasn't awesome but they were well coached and disiplined and that combination can overcome many games just as the reverse has been true for us over the years. While I'll also agree we have several areas where we are young, unfortunately even the areas where we are experienced were just god aweful last night. I think this game was just the perfect example of how many of our assistant coaches are out of their league....our talented kids are not getting "coached up" properly.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

not a rats ass of a chance