• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Here's our problem as diehard Bulls fans

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  0

usfgrad84, I couldn't agree more.

Hall of fame material.

Thank you for bringing a little perspective/reality/common sense.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UCF and KU were far more entertaining than FIU...[glow=red,2,300] but Tennessee Martin was by far the most entertaining game of the year[/glow].  ...

<scratching my head>

um-- really?

I found the Kansas game to be the best game we've played perhaps since Auburn or mayb WVU in terms of entertainment value.

A blowout over a nobody FCS team is equivalent to entertainment as WWF wrestling is to Olympic Wrestling. Hoo boy-- he hit that guy with a folding chair versus someone with actual grappling skills.

PS-- sorry if I just ticked off the fans of WWF (or WWE -- whatever the hell that fake crap calls itself these days) fans. That to me is NOT wrestling-- it is theatrics. Dan Gable is a legend, Hulk Hogan is a legendary performer

Yes, actually.  I had FUN that night.  UCF, KU, and FIU were not fun.

I'm proud our team was able to win all of those games... but from an entertainment perspective, I like USF to get the lead very early and crush our opponents.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

UCF and KU were far more entertaining than FIU...[glow=red,2,300] but Tennessee Martin was by far the most entertaining game of the year[/glow].  ...

<scratching my head>

um-- really?

I found the Kansas game to be the best game we've played perhaps since Auburn or mayb WVU in terms of entertainment value.

A blowout over a nobody FCS team is equivalent to entertainment as WWF wrestling is to Olympic Wrestling. Hoo boy-- he hit that guy with a folding chair versus someone with actual grappling skills.

PS-- sorry if I just ticked off the fans of WWF (or WWE -- whatever the hell that fake crap calls itself these days) fans. That to me is NOT wrestling-- it is theatrics. Dan Gable is a legend, Hulk Hogan is a legendary performer

I'm proud our team was able to win all of those games... but from an entertainment perspective, I like USF to get the lead very early and crush our opponents.

As a football fan, the Kansas game was one of the most entertaining games I have seen.  As a USF fan it was even more rewarding, but overall it was it was great entertainment.

• Content Count:  277

My take is a little different.  Sometimes around here I think the problem as diehard fans is some of us, the fans ourselves.  Every team, regardless of how good or tradition laden they are will have weeks they win, but don't blow the opponents they are supposed to away.  

It is really idiotic for any fan, of any team in any sport to live and die and judge a team by every play on every single snap.  Being in the chat room during the game last night really drove this home to me last night.  Every time we ran a play and only got 3 yards people were going off on how horrible the play calling was and predictable it was.  We gave up only about 120 yards on defense until the last 4 or 5 minutes of the game, but every time they completed a pass, even for a couple of yards people were going crazy about how our defense sucked.  

I chalk it up to some fans "with a little bit of knowledge being dangerous".  

This is college football.  No team is going to hold the opponents to no yardage for an entire game.  We are not going to score a TD on every drive.  

I think in a lot of cases we have an immature ( in a lot of ways) fan base.  Ohio State has played poorly in a couple of games already this year.  They were only winning 14-10 midway through the 4th vs Troy last night.  #5 Mizzou was only beating Buffalo 27-21 midway through the 3rd.  Wake wins 12-3 vs a horrible FSU offensive team.  It happens every week.  

From what I saw yesterday the game plan looked simply to be to play good enough to win.  We dominated the game for more than 50 minutes.  The game was never in jeopardy.  The game was never in doubt.  FIU had a lead, never had the ball on drive that could have lead to a tie (UCF did not either).  FIU had a whopping total of 123 yards against our starting offense.  The last drive was against our 2nd team when the game was pretty much over.  

Better stats and blouts are fun to watch and it would have been nice last night, but for whatever reason we clearly were not running our usual offense, I am not sure we were even running any blitzes on defense.  Why worry about every single play on every drive and then say we suck?

Reminded me of the opener last year against Elon.  We ran a simple offense and did just enough to win.  The playbook was used effectively the next week against Auburn.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

<scratching my head>

um-- really?

I guess it's one of those different strokes for different folks type of things. The UTM type games are a necessary evil as far as I'm concerned. I understand why we need to play them but as far as an entertainment factor? ... Zero. Thankfully, more people feel like you than like me or that place would be one giant mausoleum for games like those ....  ;)

• Content Count:  637

LOL, I've read this entire discussion and rather than get into it I'll just comment on this remark...

What about the former Olympians in the WWF/E that exhibit great mat technique? It's not all folding chairs and ladders.

• Content Count:  1,260

LOL, I've read this entire discussion and rather than get into it I'll just comment on this remark...

What about the former Olympians in the WWF/E that exhibit great mat technique? It's not all folding chairs and ladders.

I'm guessing you are talking about Kurt Angle (the only legit wrestler I can think of that took the money). I have no problem with him performing in this way. Just don't try to tell me that it is legitimate "mat technique"-- the **** is as staged as it gets. If he throws someone in a suplex-- it is staged-- trust me. Actually seeing a suplex in real competition is very rare-- thus the grand amplitude throw value assigned to the move. Any evenly matched wrestlers will never be thrown in this manner-- as there are methods to prevent and defend against. All the variopus arm bars and other things he does on the ground-- and this is based on watching a couple of his pro "matches"-- are done to show people he can go from one hold to another quickly. If a real wrestling had some of the holds in place that he rolls through (for the sake fo the audience)-- they would pursue a pin immediately-- not see if they can "improve their position" (bs)-- if you have a pinning combination in place, you go for the pin-- nuff said.

Look man-- I know people dig the whole WWF world and it has it's place as an entertainment item. Folk Style and Free Style wrestling are not going to amaze an wrestling-uneducated audience (or children for that matter who are not involved in amatuer wrestling). It's a matter of taste and love for the sport itself. I'm ok with that-- I just don't really get into this stuff cause of all the Reality Show nonsense they place around it. Feel free to have Jerry Lawler stop by my house and try to ***** slap me. I will break his arm.

IT'S STILL REAL TO ME DAMMIT!  >:(

10039320x240oh6.jpg

:D

• Content Count:  4,501

I'm guessing you are talking about Kurt Angle (the only legit wrestler I can think of that took the money). I have no problem with him performing in this way. Just don't try to tell me that it is legitimate "mat technique"-- the **** is as staged as it gets. If he throws someone in a suplex-- it is staged-- trust me. Actually seeing a suplex in real competition is very rare-- thus the grand amplitude throw value assigned to the move. Any evenly matched wrestlers will never be thrown in this manner-- as there are methods to prevent and defend against. All the variopus arm bars and other things he does on the ground-- and this is based on watching a couple of his pro "matches"-- are done to show people he can go from one hold to another quickly. If a real wrestling had some of the holds in place that he rolls through (for the sake fo the audience)-- they would pursue a pin immediately-- not see if they can "improve their position" (bs)-- if you have a pinning combination in place, you go for the pin-- nuff said.

Look man-- I know people dig the whole WWF world and it has it's place as an entertainment item. Folk Style and Free Style wrestling are not going to amaze an wrestling-uneducated audience (or children for that matter who are not involved in amatuer wrestling). It's a matter of taste and love for the sport itself. I'm ok with that-- I just don't really get into this stuff cause of all the Reality Show nonsense they place around it. Feel free to have Jerry Lawler stop by my house and try to ***** slap me. I will break his arm.

Ease up -WWE is great entertainment.  Those guys go through alot and have to physically perform week in and week out.  It is not an easy job.  My standard response to those that call it "Fake" is so is Friends,Miami Vice,Lost, etc. but people watch that stuff all the time.  They call it entertainment now so whats the beef.  Oh, come on Mikeg pick on someone else besides Lawler

he is older then dirt - my guess is that Shawn Micheals shows up at your door he will kick your ass all over the place along with most of the active WWE performers.  These guys are the best of the best.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

(I say "diehard" Bulls fans because the average fan doesn't get involved in message boards and posting, etc.)

First I present the facts:

1) Our team is ranked.

2) Our team is 4-0 in the record books.

3) Our team has beaten a ranked opponent.

4) The program is only 12 years old.

Here's why we are disgruntled fans:

We watch other teams play and we expect our team to play like that -we want to see our offense to play like USC or OU, and our defense to play like LSU, South Carolina or Auburn.

IT'S NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!

Call it what you want, but this is USF football; we win ugly. Since day one, there hasn't been a year where a USF team has played great football all year, and it is arguable that we've never played a completely perfect game of football.

USF football is about finding a way to get that 'W'. We are never out of any game and we will never put anybody away.

We can't win them all, as last year's 3-game stretch can attest to that, but the record indicates that this is a very success football program.

So... forget the point spread, forget the easy win, and forget how other teams play. THIS IS BULLS FOOTBALL.

exCEPT WHEN THE BULLS GET BEHIND A GOOD TEAM WE WILL BE UNABLE TO COME BACK BECAUSE OF our silly little ball offense

i am worried about ncstate game

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

<scratching my head>

um-- really?

usf will never get respect because they never cover the spread

Archived