• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Here's our problem as diehard Bulls fans

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

(I say "diehard" Bulls fans because the average fan doesn't get involved in message boards and posting, etc.)

First I present the facts:

1) Our team is ranked.

2) Our team is 4-0 in the record books.

3) Our team has beaten a ranked opponent.

4) The program is only 12 years old.

Here's why we are disgruntled fans:

We watch other teams play and we expect our team to play like that -we want to see our offense to play like USC or OU, and our defense to play like LSU, South Carolina or Auburn.

IT'S NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!

Call it what you want, but this is USF football; we win ugly. Since day one, there hasn't been a year where a USF team has played great football all year, and it is arguable that we've never played a completely perfect game of football.

USF football is about finding a way to get that 'W'. We are never out of any game and we will never put anybody away.

We can't win them all, as last year's 3-game stretch can attest to that, but the record indicates that this is a very success football program.

So... forget the point spread, forget the easy win, and forget how other teams play. THIS IS BULLS FOOTBALL.

exCEPT WHEN THE BULLS GET BEHIND A GOOD TEAM WE WILL BE UNABLE TO COME BACK BECAUSE OF our silly little ball offense

i am worried about ncstate game

Of course unless we fall behind the #13 ranked team by 20-3.  Probably no chance to come back.

I am not worried about NC State in the least bit.  I am a little worried about Pitt.  They can be good or they can be awful.  Completely inconsistent, but I just worry we catch them when all that raw talent comes together.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  148
  • Days Won:  0

Tennessee-Martin W 56-7

And last year:

North Carolina W 37-10

UCF W 64-12

at Syracuse W 41-10

Louisville W 55-17

We have the ability to put teams away.  There's really no explanation for what occurred against FIU considering the lessons that should have been learned by this team by now.

I couldn't agree more!!!  Had we played with the intensity we have brought before, FIU would have been out of it by 1/2-time. 

We shouldn't have to have hard fought battles against teams like FIU, the coaches and players should go in thinking "let's put them away in 2 quarters."  This way we can get our starters out and get the 3rd team in for reps.  Also we don't risk injuries (like we did/have) or the humiliating upset loss. 

We don't need a close victory every week, it's nice to sometimes be in control the whole game. 

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

Tennessee-Martin W 56-7

And last year:

North Carolina W 37-10

UCF W 64-12

at Syracuse W 41-10

Louisville W 55-17

We have the ability to put teams away.  There's really no explanation for what occurred against FIU considering the lessons that should have been learned by this team by now.

[/quote

What he said. Also the Kansas game was one of the best game youll see this year. We more entertaining then tenn martin

Archived