• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Here's our problem as diehard Bulls fans

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

(I say "diehard" Bulls fans because the average fan doesn't get involved in message boards and posting, etc.)

First I present the facts:

1) Our team is ranked.

2) Our team is 4-0 in the record books.

3) Our team has beaten a ranked opponent.

4) The program is only 12 years old.

Fact #4 is a crutch used by you and other fans to "put lipstick on the pig" when our team lays an egg.  And its used by folks outside the USF family" before they lay on a bunch of bull**** about how great we are.

Anyone interested in joining me in admitting how sick and tired they are of hearing this lame excuse/burden to bear.

WE WERE #12, FIU SUCKS OUT LOUD.  AND THEY WERE LINING UP FOR AN ONSIDES KICK IN HOPES OF TYING THE GAME. . . . no excuses.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I can't dismiss the facts related to the genesis of this program as success often requires longevity and the associated revenue streams.

Besides, who's done it better and faster?  We have something to be proud of if we can wipe away the incessant disappointment each game.

• Content Count:  667
  • Days Won:  0

Call it what you want, but this is USF football; we win ugly.

So... forget the point spread, forget the easy win, and forget how other teams play. THIS IS BULLS FOOTBALL.

i can understand winning ugly against ranked teams and Big East teams (that we know and they know us inside and out).. but when we line up against FIU, there should be a large talent disparity that should allow us to pull away.  just based on pure talent alone, we shouldnt be keeping this game close.. same with UCF.  i think that is what is scaring most of us.

• Content Count:  1,812

I will take the bad game and a win this week and next over blowing out UCif last year and laying an egg at Rutgers.

USF has almost always played to the level of their competition; struggle with Elon than beat AU on the road.

FSU just flat out blew out lesser competition and than played a real game and was horrible; I for one hope this is a good wake up call for the team and they can gain extra motivation.

I consider myself die hard and have been to just about every home game; charter season ticket holder etc. I can not find it in me to get too upset over a win; considering that I have watched the team lose to 1AA competition and Army at home during homecoming.

The 12 year thing matters as it takes some time to get a steady stream of good recruits; USF has gotten some but not close to the level of UF or FSU. With more time and wins the recruits will come and the depth will improve and HS that were hard to pull talent out of will open up.

• Content Count:  971

When the coaches go on the road in the offseason to look at what other teams do, I think CJL and the OC should go to BYU.  BYU doesn't seem to have any problems putting lesser teams in their place.  GO BULLS!

• Content Count:  12,463
  • Days Won:  25

I would prefer teams like FIU to KNOW they don't have a chance of winning.

GO BULLS!

• Content Count:  4,738

I will take the bad game and a win this week and next over blowing out UCif last year and laying an egg at Rutgers.

USF has almost always played to the level of their competition; struggle with Elon than beat AU on the road.

FSU just flat out blew out lesser competition and than played a real game and was horrible; I for one hope this is a good wake up call for the team and they can gain extra motivation.

I consider myself die hard and have been to just about every home game; charter season ticket holder etc. I can not find it in me to get too upset over a win; considering that I have watched the team lose to 1AA competition and Army at home during homecoming.

The 12 year thing matters as it takes some time to get a steady stream of good recruits; USF has gotten some but not close to the level of UF or FSU. With more time and wins the recruits will come and the depth will improve and HS that were hard to pull talent out of will open up.

does you really think FSU is getting good recruits anymore?

• Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Finally, I will say this, college football - in the end - is entertainment.  We all have other things we could choose to do on Saturdays in the fall, but we are fans of the sport and of our team because we have fun being entertained by them.  We, in turn, support them by buying tickets, donating money, grabbing up jerseys, and more.  But, in the end, we spend our money to be entertained.  A team that puts people away and wins big is more entertaning than a team that can't seem to fight it's way out of a paper bag.  Yes, I am very glad we have won these games... but they have not been as entertaining as the UTM game.

If you were not "entertained" by the UCiF & KU games then I don't know what to say, especially the KU game, where the game's first mistake won the game. There is no excuse for the FIU game other than the staff and players not coaching and playing USF football. However, for my money I'd rather have a hard fought game that we win than a yawner against an over matched opponent  that is over by the first quarter. For me its all about the quality of football on the field. That is difference between the SEC and BE.  Did you think yesterdays LSU-Auburn game was not entertaining?

We agree that USF-FIU was NOT entertaining b/c there is nothing entertaining about watching poor football. That was not the case against UCiF and KU....not in a million years!

IMO, the problem lies with the coaches telling the players to treat this game as BigEast contest....or even worse....A Freakin' "SuperBowl"....... yet the coaching staff rolls out a junior varsity playbook. Grothe had plenty of time to throw downfield in the beginning of the game yet nothing was called for TJ, Love, Mitchell etc... Coaches need to walk the walk, and that starts st the top!

• Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

does you really think FSU is getting good recruits anymore?

Yes!

FSU still signs some great recruits. Their biggest problem is that they don't have the coaching they used to have in their heyday and the rest of the ACC has stepped up.

• Content Count:  3,403

Tennessee-Martin W 56-7

And last year:

North Carolina W 37-10

UCF W 64-12

at Syracuse W 41-10

Louisville W 55-17

We have the ability to put teams away.  There's really no explanation for what occurred against FIU considering the lessons that should have been learned by this team by now.

Archived