• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wristband woes

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,277
  • Days Won:  0

Just give the students assigned seats.  That would end all of this hassle.  

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Seat numbers will end all the woes.

• Content Count:  637

Just give the students assigned seats.  That would end all of this hassle.  

So, wait...you want to sit next to some random person even if you go with a bunch of fellow friends?

And, what about companion tickets?

I routinely get a 100-level student ticket that I use in the 200/300-level because I bring companions (though, I shouldn't be moving, thankfully they don't care if I go backward). Should I just sit by myself or next to whatever random student they put next to me as stated earlier? Seems pretty stupid to me.

• Content Count:  329

some kid at a bar the other night was bragging to me that he photoshopped his ticket to get into the 100 section.

I agree with assigned seats.

• Content Count:  2,277

Yeah, you know how easy it would be to print your ticket to a PDF.  Then open Acrobat/Photoshop and put whatever name/number on it you want.

If students are going to b*tch about having to wait 10-20 minutes at the Sundome for a wristband then maybe they should just get non-student tickets and save the student tickets for the people whose time isn't oh-so-precious.  If they're not willing to wait 10 minutes for a FREE ticket/wristband, that's just stupid.

• Content Count:  958

USF gets an EPIC FAIL for this years student ticket policy.

It's even worse than last years.

They should have just done optional season tickets, and then done the rest of the tickets lottery style.

Oh yeah, and having to print your own tickets online is freaking stupid.

• Content Count:  1,471

1. The ticket system is not worse than last year.

2. The  line for wristbands was about an hour long for me. I would rather pay $10 than stand in line and then have to leave to go to class because it was taking so long.. and then wait in it again after class.

• Content Count:  3,574

My solution:

Do the point system to be part of the 12,501 (since we have more students than seats).  You are then given a general admission student ticket (either by printing it out or picking it up).  Then the 12,501 seats are first-come first-served (just like how it was before last year. You also save money by not having wrist bands and the ushers don't have to police it). This would also help fill the seats quicker (that's if you want great seats) and avoid the problem that we had with the UT-Martin game when we had a whole 100 level section empty.

Simple.  The only question is whether we have the demand to fill 12,501 seats.

http://thebullspen.com/index.php?topic=53033.15

• Content Count:  637

If students are going to b*tch about having to wait 10-20 minutes at the Sundome for a wristband then maybe they should just get non-student tickets and save the student tickets for the people whose time isn't oh-so-precious.  If they're not willing to wait 10 minutes for a FREE ticket/wristband, that's just stupid.

Depends if they can shorten the time to stand on line. If you go early you should be fine and avoid the line (and that goes in line with my mailing the tickets to students that enter the lotto earlier). Seemed like Ray Jay didn't like us going to their booths though.

BTW - Thanks for the props on the picture  ;D, after I showed it to you last night I was unsure if you even liked it  ???

Archived