• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wristband woes

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Days Won:  0

Just give the students assigned seats.  That would end all of this hassle.  

So, wait...you want to sit next to some random person even if you go with a bunch of fellow friends?

And, what about companion tickets?

I routinely get a 100-level student ticket that I use in the 200/300-level because I bring companions (though, I shouldn't be moving, thankfully they don't care if I go backward). Should I just sit by myself or next to whatever random student they put next to me as stated earlier? Seems pretty stupid to me.

Why not have the ability to select more than one seat during the lottery.

1) Have an average loyalty point for more than 1 ticket requested to use as the "weight" for the lottery

2) Each person in the group will have to login to confirm the request made by the group leader

3) Group leader would need to enter EACH U-number.  If U-number is invalid do to a hold or incorrect number, then they will not be added to the group

4) Assigned seating based on A) Loyalty Point or Average Loyalt Point of Group  B) Size of Group C) Seating Availablity  D) Best Seat(s) Available

We have top-notch computer science and MIS departments....I'm sure they can figure out how to optimize the code and business logic to make this happen......

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  637

Just give the students assigned seats.  That would end all of this hassle.  

So, wait...you want to sit next to some random person even if you go with a bunch of fellow friends?

And, what about companion tickets?

I routinely get a 100-level student ticket that I use in the 200/300-level because I bring companions (though, I shouldn't be moving, thankfully they don't care if I go backward). Should I just sit by myself or next to whatever random student they put next to me as stated earlier? Seems pretty stupid to me.

Why not have the ability to select more than one seat during the lottery.

1) Have an average loyalty point for more than 1 ticket requested to use as the "weight" for the lottery

2) Each person in the group will have to login to confirm the request made by the group leader

3) Group leader would need to enter EACH U-number.  If U-number is invalid do to a hold or incorrect number, then they will not be added to the group

4) Assigned seating based on A) Loyalty Point or Average Loyalt Point of Group  B) Size of Group C) Seating Availablity  D) Best Seat(s) Available

We have top-notch computer science and MIS departments....I'm sure they can figure out how to optimize the code and business logic to make this happen......

Sounds annoying for developers and annoying for the students at the same time.

And yes I know the CS dept is good ;)

• Content Count:  201

Assigned seats would never work. Even if you could request a whole row of seats for you and your friends what happens to the single seats in between those seats? Just go back to wrist bands and make them more accessible

• Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

This needs to be fixed.  The student section has been invaluable in securing many a home wins for USF the last couple years. Let's not jerk themn around to the point where they stop coming out.  Secondly, let's stop blaming them for evey single alleged 'bad' experience visiting fans have expereinced.

• Content Count:  1,624

If students are going to b*tch about having to wait 10-20 minutes at the Sundome for a wristband then maybe they should just get non-student tickets and save the student tickets for the people whose time isn't oh-so-precious.  If they're not willing to wait 10 minutes for a FREE ticket/wristband, that's just stupid.

10 minute wait? What are you talking about? I waited 30-45 minutes and the line only got bigger after I waited

• Content Count:  1,066

let's barcode all the students.

then they have bar code readers at the top and if those folks belong in section 100-- have a seat.

:lol:

Actually, this could be defeated too.......Why not rfID microchip all students when they hand in their immunization records at Student Health Services.  ;D

• Content Count:  138

1. The ticket system is not worse than last year.

2. The  line for wristbands was about an hour long for me. I would rather pay $10 than stand in line and then have to leave to go to class because it was taking so long.. and then wait in it again after class.

Yes, it is worse than last year.  Last year, you knew exactly what you HAD to do to get a good seat, this year its different every God **** week.  Almost every other school that has a popular football program has a lottery, or at least a system in which you can get block seating with a group of friends.

• Content Count:  66,072
  • Days Won:  172

this problem isnt as tough as finding cure for cancer

Archived