• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Should I Become a Bulls Fan?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

what were the other four teams

Wake Forrest, Washington State, San Diego State, and Vandy

I'm bias, but I don't think it's much of contest.  Vandy will never really reach the next level.  Wake Forrest and USF are the only real choices.

Biases are good and what the poll is all about! But I'm not concerned so much about the winning and losing of the team (a fan never really controls that) because those things are cyclical. As a fan, you're always going to go through the good times and the bad times.

lol I saw you over at footballsfuture.com

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

There are UCiF fans asking themselves this daily.

I couldn't read the whole thread.  Is this a clever play for the link in the first post?

• Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  0

I couldn't read the whole thread.  Is this a clever play for the link in the first post?

I thought to myself... Should I click on this? Sure, why not, I am bored.

Then I lol'd.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

It'd be nice to have one more Bulls fan, but I don't want to feel violated.

:nutkick

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

Hi all,

I run a football blog for the fun of it. And I love the college game, but I don't have a rooting interest (my alma mater plays D-III ball).

So for the fun of it, I decided to put my college football allegiance up to a vote! I've narrowed it down to five finalists, of which South Florida is one.

You can check out my post here:

http://fuhbaw.blogspot.com/2008/09/fuhbaws-instant-alma-mater-showdown.html

Don't worry, my site doesn't have any pop ups or advertisement or anything like that. I'm just a huge football fan (mainly I write on pro but I do get down and dirty with college plenty) approaching something I lack in my life with levity and fun.

I'd love to hear reasons you think I should become a Bulls fan (or maybe reasons I shouldn't  ;D). Thanks in advance!

Cian

If your last name is O'Day, I think it's a law, or a Commandment, that you have to support Notre Dame ...

• Content Count:  2,726

If you live in Brooklyn then there is really no other choice for you than USF...out of the teams you have mentioned. 

1. You would get the MOST coverage LIVE or on TV of USF football/basketball/baseball and other sports in the Northeast than any of the other schools.

2. You are in the heart of the Big East.  You could see USF play ALL THE TIME!!!

3. You could ROCK the Green and Gold in the NYC during the Big East Tourneys or any other live games in the NY area.

4. USF is and will be - by far - one of the greatest stories for "building up a football program" EVER!

I could go on for hours...but alas, I am extremely biased and I am quite positive that I Bleed Green and Gold. 

Choose wisely...but really, there is always only one choice.  USF!!!

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  15

no - any other questions?

yes, what is that you're chewing on? and what's the square root of -1?

that is all.  :D

Asking fans to romance you so they can win your affection is disturbing.  Instead, cheer and support the college you attended or support and cheer a local college that needs your support.  It would be great to have another Bulls fan, especially, one who resides in Rutgers, UConn Area, however, I don't believe that asking to be convinced to support the Bulls is the best approach.  Good luck in efforts.

I'm not asking to be convinced. I'm not even making the selection, I'm leaving it up to democracy, the results of the poll. I put forth my reasons why each team on my short list interests me. Most of my readers are pro football fans and have no rooting interest of any of the teams. Most are waiting for more info from me before making their choice. It's all in good fun.

I plan on interviewing some writers (bloggers) from each school for reasons why and why not to support each team. I'm just curious what each fanbase digs about their team, etc. I'm actually learning a lot, and the hope to learn even more over the coming week. Hopefully, I can contact some former players, too (I've conducted a couple interviews with pros before so I'm not entirely clueless when it comes to barking up that tree).

Hopefully, it will make for some good reading and a fun little experiment. But most of all, I'm curious to see who I can root for on Saturdays.

Eh, only in part. Mostly, I'm interested what fans have to say. What they think about their team, why they remain devoted to them. I'm a writer so these things just interest me. I found the board mainly to find some USF bloggers... but I like the discussion. I just passed on the link so people could get a feel for what the whole showdown is about. I don't make any money on my site so there's not really much immediate incentive to drive up my page views. Though I do like comments and responses from interesting and intelligent readers.

Archived