• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Should I Become a Bulls Fan?

I'd go with USF because thats pretty much what I did. Loved college football but had no allegiance until USF started their team.

Its great to watch them recruit against the storied Florida powers, and the games are, if nothing else, usually exciting.

Plus, you also have the opportunity to realistically hope for championships, be a part of the first one when it happens, and not have a fan base that is spoiled with top recruiting classes and calling for coach firings if you "only" finish 9-4. Every season will be filled with firsts and you wont have to listen to people talking about the good old days.

And with so many Florida kids on the field, you are going to see great athletes competing every week, no matter where they are on the depth chart.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

what were the other four teams

• Content Count:  201

Does anyone know of good bloggers who focus on the Bulls? I'm trying to gather material "arguments for" from good writers, too.

What about Ryan?  ;D

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Wake Forrest, Washington State, San Diego State, and Vandy

I'm bias, but I don't think it's much of contest.  Vandy will never really reach the next level.  Wake Forrest and USF are the only real choices.

• Content Count:  637

This entire thing is pretty asinine.

I wonder if this is how fans choose to be 49ers or Cowboy fans in the 90s?

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

two thoughts.

The first, where do you live?  May want to pick a team who at least plays sometimes in that area.  Also one who is on TV enough yu can follow them (USF has 6 more ESPN games, plus a bowl game, and have already had 2 on espn).

Second, if you are a green bay fan, their colors are Green/Yellow.  Ours are Green/Gold but the Gold is often substituted with Yellow on shirts, etc...  So it will be like cheering for the packers for you.

Just my two cents.

• Content Count:  15

I'm bias, but I don't think it's much of contest.  Vandy will never really reach the next level.  Wake Forrest and USF are the only real choices.

Biases are good and what the poll is all about! But I'm not concerned so much about the winning and losing of the team (a fan never really controls that) because those things are cyclical. As a fan, you're always going to go through the good times and the bad times.

This entire thing is pretty asinine.

I wonder if this is how fans choose to be 49ers or Cowboy fans in the 90s?

That's your opinion and you're certainly entitled to it. My approach may be odd, but I'm coming at it with the best of intentions. I really do love the college game, but like I said never had a team to root for. It's not like I just opened the floodgates to every team. I chose five that have some sort of appeal to me. But I'm never going back to college (or grad school for that matter) so the selection would be an arbitrary one anyway. I thought it would be a little more fun this way.

two thoughts.

The first, where do you live?  May want to pick a team who at least plays sometimes in that area.  Also one who is on TV enough yu can follow them (USF has 6 more ESPN games, plus a bowl game, and have already had 2 on espn).

Second, if you are a green bay fan, their colors are Green/Yellow.  Ours are Green/Gold but the Gold is often substituted with Yellow on shirts, etc...  So it will be like cheering for the packers for you.

Just my two cents.

I live in Brooklyn... but am surrounded by sports bars as far as the eye can see. I may not get to watch every single game (though I'll try) but I shouldn't have a problem getting most.

Yup, big fan of the color scheme already!  :D

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Biases are good and what the poll is all about! But I'm not concerned so much about the winning and losing of the team (a fan never really controls that) because those things are cyclical. As a fan, you're always going to go through the good times and the bad times.

Well as for the next 10 years you'll get the most good times from USF out of that bunch.  SDSU isn't going anywhere.  Vandy is way outmatched in conference play.  Washington State won't come near USC for millenia. Wake may win the ACC this year, but FSU and UM wont be gone forever.

Plus, did you read The Octonian yet?  That's really all the proof you need.

Archived