• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Maisel's (ESPN) comment about no hype for Friday's game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

If you notice there has been no hype for any other ESPN/ABC game. Ark/Texas (now postponed), tonight's Unc/Rutgers game, our game.

It's one reason, this game on ABC is paying the bills, they need the highest ratings hey can possibly squeeze.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

lol, I like the person who said there is no hype on campus. Like he spoke to the entire campus. Lol. Correct it is no wvu, but who really cares. This is a huge game. I don't know who you spoke to but my class has asked the teacher to cancel friday for the game. It is pretty ridiculous to assume you know the entire campus attitude toward this game is weak. The next problem with what was said was the stadium will look empty. How dumb!!... when the entire lower bowl will be fillled (200,100) and the 300 level is filling up. How will the stadium look empty with a garunteed 55 thousand and thats not counting last minute decisions and people buying tickets when they show up(should be darn close to a sell out). The stadium will be rocking. I will be doing my part losing my voice just as bad as the wvu game. This may not be a heated conference game but it means a hell of a lot on exposure,recruits,and respect of our school and I'm sure people understand that.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Thats why.  It is a smazza conspiracy.  OSU vs USC.....   :o

Seriously though, that game is so huge it is all the national press cares about.  

Our game is a top 15 vs a top 20.  Kind of ho hum when you consider a game with NC implications is on the line.

Our local press should promote the crap out of it.

usf has broke the hearts of nation losing to rutgers last year

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

on a positive note--- Rivals named us one of the Five to Watch

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=848484

David Fox

Rivals.com College Football Staff Writer

Mark Mangino and Kansas will be tested at USF this weekend.

All of the college football world is counting down the minutes for Super Bowl 42.5 between Ohio State and USC, but the rest of the weekend also will be full of quality matchups.

Games on Thursday and Friday match coaches who used to be on the same staff. Greg Schiano and Butch Davis coached together at Miami, and their current teams (Rutgers and North Carolina, respectively,) face off on Thursday night (ESPN, 7:30). However, their game didn't make the cut this week.

One that did matches former Kansas State assistants Jim Leavitt (USF) against Mark Mangino (Kansas) on Friday.

It's tough to imagine, but Michigan-Notre Dame will have second-class status this week. Still, it's a critical game for rebuilding programs for the second consecutive season.

And keep an eye out for two non-"Big Six" West Coast schools when Fresno State plays host to Wisconsin and BYU welcomes UCLA.

Here are the top five games for the third week of the season.

KANSAS AT SOUTH FLORIDA 

When: Friday, 8 p.m.

TV: ESPN2

Broadcasters: Sean McDonough play-by-play, Chris Spielman analyst

Line: USF by 3½

Why you should watch: The teams last met in 2006, and the result was a 13-7 Kansas win in Lawrence. USF is 17-7 and KU 17-6 since. Last season, the Bulls used a non-conference victory over Auburn to propel them to No. 2 in the country. This season, USF has similar aspirations - as well as the (light)weight of the Big East on its back. Kansas is facing its toughest regular-season non-conference opponent since, well, USF. Kansas quarterback Todd Reesing is facing his first major test of the season, but the game may be won on the line where Jayhawks freshman offensive tackles will try to handle USF defensive end George Selvie.

how many other games friday night

• Content Count:  266
  • Days Won:  1

It makes no sense... I just got done watching CFL and unless I missed something, they only mentioned our game. No predictions or discussion.

all the love is going to USC-OSU

Nothing wrong with USF flying under the radar...

• Content Count:  242

theres no hype on campus either. most of my friends that ive talked are not even going if they got a 300 level ticket. its just not the same as if we were playing wvu. stadium will look empty come friday...

Tell them to drop out of school as they provide no contribution......

It enrages me to hear that sort of attitude...esp out of the students!

:satan :furious :satan :furious

• Content Count:  2,661

Kansas is facing its toughest regular-season non-conference opponent since, well, USF.

Please note that USF's competition in this regard is Central Michigan, Southeast Louisiana, Toledo, FIU, and Louisiana Tech. :)

• Content Count:  2,461

WHO CARES ABOUT HYPE?

Student section is sold out! The students upheld their part of the bargain.

Now, we need a WIN!

Archived