• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New ticket system is starting to suck!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Two words:  Boo Hoo.

Be thankful you get FREE admission!  Dang, you whippersnappers with your new fangled wristbands and your breakfast burritos...

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Be thankful you get FREE admission!  Dang, you whippersnappers with your new fangled wristbands and your breakfast burritos...

When I went to school at USF there was no new Marshall Center.............we had a Rocky's Empty Keg and that was it.  AND WE LIKED IT!!!

Go Bulls!

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

marketing wise it's a great idea! "Encouraging" students to attend other games by creating the priority points will increase the attendance at those games and hence the number of potential clients sponsors would reach. This would in turn encourage more companies to become sponsors and market at "other" USF sports...not just the football and basketball events. This increases revenue for the athletics programs which can be put back into the programs (theoretically). Not sure this was the original intention of making the point system the way it is...but I wouldn't be surprised if someone at some level considered it. - Not saying it will happen but it does have the potential to work that way I'd think.

Now I'm not saying this is fair to the students - I bought season tickets a year early and never would've been able to do what they did last year or attend a lot of other sports as I have a hard enough time getting 6 football games a year off so I feel ya. At the same time fairness is subjective and I don't think there's any system they can institute that'll make everyone happy.

Example: Offer student organizations like greek houses a set amount of student tickets guaranteed to every game - I believe FSU does something like this - then you'll have people that aren't greek upset with the system. It just stinks  :-\

Your right it may be good for marketing. Maybe that was there main intention, who knows. But i think it needs adjustments. And with the student zone ticket issues that have arrived i dont know if it was worth it.  by the way, been here four years. im a senior and i did get a lower bowl ticket. im not worried about myself getting tickets, im leaving work early tomorrow to go that vball game.  i guess i just wanted to vent a little

You know... The fact that season tickets for other sports affect priority points for we non-students is causing me to look at baseball tickets this year... and maybe another sport, even if I can't attend every game.

I think it's great because I'm not sure I would have really consider them otherwise...

I actually considered baseball season tickets just for the simple fact that it would help me remember home games more often. I usually have a great time at the games when I go, but I never remember when the home games are.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

i think USF should offer PAID season tickets IN the student section for hardcore fans

• Content Count:  99
  • Days Won:  0

boo hoo is right! now i gotta put some effort into getting my tickets unlike u old timers. ;)  i can see myself next year (hopefully) sitting down at my computer doing the same thing.  CLICK, CLICK. "Season tickets? Yup" CLICK, CLICK. "Credit card number?" CLICK CLICK. "Boy this sure beats showing up to every friggin sport at USF to get a ticket. There done, now lets go over to the bullspen and tell those whippersnappers how it was in my day." 

• Content Count:  12,293

well technically its not "free" since they have to pay X amount per credit hour in athletic fees.

but thats just spliting hairs and im surprised Jim passed up the chance to point that out.

im just glad that when i was a student i just had to show up at RayJay and walk in.  (i graduated in 05)

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

boo hoo is right! now i gotta put some effort into getting my tickets unlike u old timers. ;)  i can see myself next year (hopefully) sitting down at my computer doing the same thing.  CLICK, CLICK. "Season tickets? Yup" CLICK, CLICK. "Credit card number?" CLICK CLICK. "Boy this sure beats showing up to every friggin sport at USF to get a ticket. There done, now lets go over to the bullspen and tell those whippersnappers how it was in my day." 

I'm not going to lie...I don't miss the days of getting to the gates up to 2 hours early to be first in line so we could run to our seats to ensure we had the front row! and that's not exactly how it goes...I paid for my tickets over the phone, there was no "CLICK CLICK" involved :)

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

**** right!  There's a reason Bealls sells "Old Guys Rule" T-shirts.  =)

• Content Count:  1,254

So buy a season ticket...$150 is not much. You'll spend that in one month on booze. Otherwise suck it up.

• Content Count:  99

I graduated in may and i am very happy I have my grown man tickets so I dont have to go through this crappy system.

Archived