• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New ticket system is starting to suck!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  99
  • Days Won:  0

Ok, when I first heard the idea I said ok, i guess it makes it more fair for everyone. Now im starting to think there are a lot more problems then solutions with this system. Its not fair for everyone and probably less so. 1) They say they changed it because it wasnt fair for students who had to work and couldnt make it to wait in line. Well how about all the students who work on a regular basis and cant make it to all those olympic sports. 2) Who do you think the majority of students who will be able to make these events? Freshman, who either dont or wont have jobs being they just arrived on campus and are still settling down. U think thats fair for the upperclassman? 3) Anf what happens when these other events we attend are blowouts, either way? do u really wanna sit through an overly boring match because they say they are going to scan your ID at different times of the match. Is it even possible to do that? I hope it doesnt come to that. Im all for supporting the other teams but this is forcing people to support them. I understand they cant make everyone happy but I havent heard one positive comment about the new system from anyone.

Any thoughts?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

marketing wise it's a great idea! "Encouraging" students to attend other games by creating the priority points will increase the attendance at those games and hence the number of potential clients sponsors would reach. This would in turn encourage more companies to become sponsors and market at "other" USF sports...not just the football and basketball events. This increases revenue for the athletics programs which can be put back into the programs (theoretically). Not sure this was the original intention of making the point system the way it is...but I wouldn't be surprised if someone at some level considered it. - Not saying it will happen but it does have the potential to work that way I'd think.

Now I'm not saying this is fair to the students - I bought season tickets a year early and never would've been able to do what they did last year or attend a lot of other sports as I have a hard enough time getting 6 football games a year off so I feel ya. At the same time fairness is subjective and I don't think there's any system they can institute that'll make everyone happy.

Example: Offer student organizations like greek houses a set amount of student tickets guaranteed to every game - I believe FSU does something like this - then you'll have people that aren't greek upset with the system. It just stinks  :-\

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

it use to be as simple as walking up to the B gate 1 hr prior and just get your tickets then at the stadium....i remember we never had to get tickets early....hell, sundome was only for BB games.....it may suck, but with this you should understand that you are the first of a new generation that the alumni built for you......i think it does suck for you, but take a positive from it and realize its nice that we have arrived....and more are yet to come

• Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Suck it up... Take out more student loans. Sneak in alcohol to the events. You will never be bored then. The best part about going to other athletic events is the possibility of hooking up with a coed who is watching or playing in the sport. Get your game on while the game is getting on.

College will be the best part of your life (take my word for it)! I'm 33 now, and the women I've dated still don't understand I care more about the next 12 weeks of the year than I ever will for them (oh well - maybe I'll run into a USF grad coed that has the same feelings). For now though... It's a new season... Just means a new girl (current g/f) gets to go on a road trip with me to see USF play and get drunk with my buddies Mattie Gunz, Reaper, Bunti, and the other assclowns I thankfully and truly call friends!

• Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

[glow=red,2,300]GROWING PAINS!!! [/glow]

• Content Count:  99

marketing wise it's a great idea! "Encouraging" students to attend other games by creating the priority points will increase the attendance at those games and hence the number of potential clients sponsors would reach. This would in turn encourage more companies to become sponsors and market at "other" USF sports...not just the football and basketball events. This increases revenue for the athletics programs which can be put back into the programs (theoretically). Not sure this was the original intention of making the point system the way it is...but I wouldn't be surprised if someone at some level considered it. - Not saying it will happen but it does have the potential to work that way I'd think.

Now I'm not saying this is fair to the students - I bought season tickets a year early and never would've been able to do what they did last year or attend a lot of other sports as I have a hard enough time getting 6 football games a year off so I feel ya. At the same time fairness is subjective and I don't think there's any system they can institute that'll make everyone happy.

Example: Offer student organizations like greek houses a set amount of student tickets guaranteed to every game - I believe FSU does something like this - then you'll have people that aren't greek upset with the system. It just stinks  :-\

Your right it may be good for marketing. Maybe that was there main intention, who knows. But i think it needs adjustments. And with the student zone ticket issues that have arrived i dont know if it was worth it.  by the way, been here four years. im a senior and i did get a lower bowl ticket. im not worried about myself getting tickets, im leaving work early tomorrow to go that vball game.  i guess i just wanted to vent a little

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

i agree with sheriff....suck it up...be proud of what we built....go and enjoy....have fun and do things you should not get caught doing....

• Content Count:  7,890

I may just be getting old but do the USF students ***** the most in the state?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  894

I was just looking over some other school's student ticket policies (specifically FSU, UF and Tennessee) and minus the wristband part they're all pretty standard.

One difference is that ours are General Admission and theirs are assigned seats. Another is the option for students to purchase a student season ticket. Also, a lot of their priority seems to be based on your year/# of credit hours. Still, FSU was the only one I found that had a "print your ticket" option. UF and Tennessee appear to have it set to where you receive an e-mail but still have to go to a specific place to get your actual ticket.

I know it seems like it sucks now and its easy for me to talk because I'm sitting fat and sassy with my season tickets on the South Side  ;), but remember we were blind-sided by this last year and this is the 1st year with this new system. I'm sure the University is doing their best to ensure the most efficient and fair way to distribute the tickets and will tweak the system as necessary.

Here are links to the others schools I mentioned, along with some others:

http://seminoles.cstv.com/tickets/fsu-football-student-info.html

http://www.gatorzone.com/tickets/?student=footb

http://bigorangetix.utk.edu/about.html

http://www.mgoblue.com/tickets/article.aspx?id=28458

http://www.usc.edu/bus-affairs/ticketoffice/card/index.html

Your right it may be good for marketing. Maybe that was there main intention, who knows. But i think it needs adjustments. And with the student zone ticket issues that have arrived i dont know if it was worth it.  by the way, been here four years. im a senior and i did get a lower bowl ticket. im not worried about myself getting tickets, im leaving work early tomorrow to go that vball game.  i guess i just wanted to vent a little

You know... The fact that season tickets for other sports affect priority points for we non-students is causing me to look at baseball tickets this year... and maybe another sport, even if I can't attend every game.

I think it's great because I'm not sure I would have really consider them otherwise...

Archived