• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCiF fans are now suddenly 'ok' with hardship transfers....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Marshall has had multible arrests w/ the Broncos but I think he had just one incident at UCF, I may be wrong but I thought at UCF the only incident was a late night incident at a Denny's by UCF

My opinion on hardship waivers, as long as we're not taking a guy that has been booted off another team for 'multiple' arrests/violatoins, I'm ok w/ it. UCF is at a disadvantage w/ the conference affiliation so sometimes you have to jump on these opportunities to make a splash but I think the ND receiver didn't have any discipline problems.

Jackson had no incident problems at ND.  He mysteriously slid down the depth chart rapidly, but perhaps that has to do with personal issues and which is why he's back in Orlando.  Either way he is a good grab for UCF, good kid from what I hear that just needs to get some things together and if he gets back to his old ways.  Like how he played when he was a junior in HS, then he will be a great grab for UCF.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,523

The reason why USF had so many is a simple case of statistics.  Look how many studs come out of the Tampa Bay area EVERY YEAR and go out of state.  Many think they can handle being away from home, but more than you think find out that being away from family is harder than they ever thought.  Especially at that age which is when grandparents start to die (many raised by them) and many divorces happen putting younger siblings in bad situations.

That's not even counting a kid not being able to make a squad he moved  1000 miles for and now is facing being cut.  Why not be allowed to move home where he can play?  I have no problem with these moves bc if I was in their situation i would do it to.  You only have a small window to play at that level ONCE in your life, you should get every chance to live your dream, especially if it gets you an education.

• Content Count:  1,260

The reason why USF had so many is a simple case of statistics.  Look how many studs come out of the Tampa Bay area EVERY YEAR and go out of state.  Many think they can handle being away from home, but more than you think find out that being away from family is harder than they ever thought.  Especially at that age which is when grandparents start to die (many raised by them) and many divorces happen putting younger siblings in bad situations.

That's not even counting a kid not being able to make a squad he moved  1000 miles for and now is facing being cut.  Why not be allowed to move home where he can play?  I have no problem with these moves bc if I was in their situation i would do it to.  You only have a small window to play at that level ONCE in your life, you should get every chance to live your dream, especially if it gets you an education.

Let's not forget the fact that alot of these kids didn't see USF as a "big-time" program when they made their decision. The last 3 seasons has made alot of kids suddenly homesick...

• Content Count:  2,239

Let's not forget the fact that alot of these kids didn't see USF as a "big-time" program when they made their decision. The last 3 seasons has made alot of kids suddenly homesick...

I don't care which school is doing it.  Being homesick is not grounds for a hardship waiver.

• Content Count:  4,016

I don't care which school is doing it.  Being homesick is not grounds for a hardship waiver.

Luckily the NCAA agrees with you.  So let's quit the stupid insinuations.  No school is 'doing it' because the NCAA must approve all hardships and hard, tangible evidence of a hardship must be presented for it to even be considered let alone approved.

USF gets dozens of transfer requests a year, like many schools from prominent areas.  We've had lots of transfers that never got a hardship waiver.  USF has been taking less transfers lately because the caliber of our current athletes has improved so dramatically.  This theoretically should help UCF because USF will be less of a transfer option in the future.  Case in point Richard Jackson.  USF had no room, we're at 85 schollies for the first time in a while, and 105 rostered (including walk-ons), I am not saying Jackson would have come to USF but he wasn't an option, at least from the sake there wasn't immediate room- we'd have to wait for a few to quit- or them to cut a walk-on or two.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Richard Jackson was buried on the ND depth chart that is the only reason he is transferring.  I think he's only had 1 catch in his two seasons at ND.  He saw the writing on the wall with the incoming group of Freshman that already passed him by and wanted out.  Can't blame him for that.  But its not a hardship case at all.   

And USF already has a Richard Jacksons on this team, his name is Jason Sherman.  Won't ever see the field.

Archived