• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCiF fans are now suddenly 'ok' with hardship transfers....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Dawg, speaking of losing WR's.  I thought that I heard Sydney Haynes was going to be suspended for some games because he was involved in whatever Phillip Smith was in that got him kicked off the team?  No mention of it anywhere, for that matter why Phillip Smith left, so is it true?  I mean is Haynes still in the O'Leary 'doghouse' or did he get out once you lost Aiken? 

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  711

Actually...I don't think UCF ever had a problem with hardship waivers...there's nothing wrong with them.  The media hyped up USF's large number of hardships in the past and UCF fans had some fun with it all.  I for one don't have a problem with them as long as they're fair and legit.  USF had a bunch...but they were approved by the NCAA...so there's nothing really to say.  I'd rather see this kid sit out a year and learn the offense...otherwise he may waste half of his first of only two years eligible.

• Content Count:  2,239

I never heard about Haynes being suspended.  I'm betting he got a good reprimand for a first time offense.  I'm assuming he's on disciplinary probation with the school and returned any money earned from the book sale(sold textbooks).

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Haynes's facebook status immediately after the Smith/Haynes incident was "See ya, UCF!".  Take it how you want it, but most folks thought he was kicked off the team.

However, since UCF never publicizes any disciplinary action because they want deceive the whole world into thinking they're a team full of 4.0 GPA-having choirboys, Haynes could have been magically "reinstated" once O'Leary felt the pinch at WR and we'd never know.

My money is on him being on the team.

He was noted as being on the team mere days after the incident.  He went home and then came back.  Phillip Smith didn't come back and I believe someone posted on the Rivals board that Smith was the one to say "See ya, UCF".  Haynes only said something about being in Atlanta.

He was noted as being on the team mere days after the incident.  He went home and then came back.  Phillip Smith didn't come back and I believe someone posted on the Rivals board that Smith was the one to say "See ya, UCF".  Haynes only said something about being in Atlanta.

I am not trying to condemn UCF here, but this is the problem with O'Leary and why he's not trusted.  Things like fans discovering after the season about Brandon Marshall's multiple arrests, and he only suspends him for like half a game, or trying to keep Ron Ellis' incident under wraps.  Now something happened with Smith and Haynes, but Haynes is able to make it back?  I can't tell whether your local paper cares to little to investigate or O'Leary is so secretive and UCF fans are too much in love with him to care.

Again, with all the football departures you'd think it would raise some eyebrows.  Read the football guides from the spring, James Jamison, Jayson Williams, and Phillip Smith were going to battle Weaver for the starting TB spot.  All three are gone, and no one really knows or has heard why?

• Content Count:  639

Marshall has had multible arrests w/ the Broncos but I think he had just one incident at UCF, I may be wrong but I thought at UCF the only incident was a late night incident at a Denny's by UCF

My opinion on hardship waivers, as long as we're not taking a guy that has been booted off another team for 'multiple' arrests/violatoins, I'm ok w/ it. UCF is at a disadvantage w/ the conference affiliation so sometimes you have to jump on these opportunities to make a splash but I think the ND receiver didn't have any discipline problems.

• Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

All three are gone, and no one really knows or has heard why?

They know, but they don't allow anything posted on their private site to be posted elsewhere.  So, all they have to do is post it in there, and nobody's allowed to post it elsewhere.

Other alternative is that nobody really cares...

Smith's reason for leaving is well known.  He sold textbooks for classes he dropped during add/drop.  The other two, I never heard about it.

Smith's reason for leaving is well known.  He sold textbooks for classes he dropped during add/drop.  The other two, I never heard about it.

Right, and that's an NCAA violation.  The rumor was Haynes was involved in the scam too.  Perhaps the staff is going to suspend him for a game or two because up to this point he's been a good guy.  Oh well.

Archived