• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New Marshall Center = WOW

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Days Won:  0

I went to Beef's today and it's still has a long way to go. It looks too cavernous and plain, it feels more like a huge cafeteria than a sports bar. The place it's too lit up, and nothing hanging from the walls but a a few TVs. Hopefully, they'll continue to work on it, and give it a better atmosphere. The rest of the Marshall Center is impressive though.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,574

It has been open for about a week... I'm sure they're not done decorating.

Forgot to write "done."

• Content Count:  2,461

It has been open for about a week... I'm sure they're not decorating.

The Beefs is coming along nicely. It was packed yesterday.

Lots of TVs in the place, nice bar area. Oh, whoever asked, Yuengling will be on tap in about a week (so I was told).

Food was great, service was good. We had some beers and our food took a little long, so the server gave us another round for free.

Free beer is always good. Thumbs up. That place will be happen'n for away games.

• Content Count:  159

I was on campus yesterday but didn't get a chance to go check it out, though a friend of mine (and recent graduate) told me he had been there recently and that it was amazing. I didn't know about the Beef's until he said something to me.

Did someone say there is a MOE's in there too?! I mean I love Beefs, but it's great to hear they have a Moe's to add to the cool food selections. :-)

Now if they (the administration) would provide some sort of "alumni" parking area that didn't cost $$$ ... but I'm probably hoping for too much. lol

• Content Count:  2,461

I was on campus yesterday but didn't get a chance to go check it out, though a friend of mine (and recent graduate) told me he had been there recently and that it was amazing. I didn't know about the Beef's until he said something to me.

Did someone say there is a MOE's in there too?! I mean I love Beefs, but it's great to hear they have a Moe's to add to the cool food selections. :-)

Now if they (the administration) would provide some sort of "alumni" parking area that didn't cost $$$ ... but I'm probably hoping for too much. lol

I didn't see it. Beef's is in its own little area apart from the food court and the rest of the center. There's also a direct entrance to Beef's from the outside without going into the center... Though you will eventually be able to get to Beef's from inside the center (boarded up due to construction right now).

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Wow is right. The place looked amazing from outside to the very top.

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Alumni valet would be even better.

I didn't see it. Beef's is in its own little area apart from the food court and the rest of the center. There's also a direct entrance to Beef's from the outside without going into the center... Though you will eventually be able to get to Beef's from inside the center (boarded up due to construction right now).

It's not boarded up -- at least it wasn't when I was there a week ago.  The windows are boarded between the hall leading to Beef's and the old MC because it creates a fire wall between the two buildings.  But the hall is open.

• Content Count:  159

Well it sounds amazing to me. Since school is starting tomorrow I figure they are hustling to have as much of it ready/accessible as possible. I will try to swing by campus this week and take some pics. If I do, I'll be sure to post them so you guys can see.

- Lobo

• Content Count:  1,911

I just wonder why no two buildings look alike at USF...there is no design continuity at all and that bothers me.

I've been over to the FGCU.  All of their buildings look alike, which I don't much care for.  Its basically a cookie cutter approach.  I think different buildings should have their own flavor.

I didnt mean that all the buildings should be the same, I just think a common theme as far as the facade goes would go a long way. We've got white brick, red brick, brown brick, and tons of painted concrete, all painted different colors. It looks like a 5 year old with a box of crayons designed the campus. I understand it's due to the different phases the school has been built in, but if you go to UF all of the buildings are red brick and it looks collegiate...I just dont see that with a lot of the buildings at USF.

Archived