• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New Marshall Center = WOW

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

Well, I posted on another thread, but I'll rehash.  I think the exterior design elements, colors, and such are to blend all the different campus styles together.  The round "copper" thingys are clearly a throwback to some of the art decoish stuff on campus like the theatre next door.  The should have pulled the metal facade though to the inside instead of textured paint.  It looks amateurish.  I also wasn't exactly wowed at the grand foyer area.  I was expecting a bit more openess and less "office sterile"

That being said, I think part of the issue is that all the decorating and furniture is not done.  Also, when they open up the area where the old marshall center is located, it may change some of the dynamics.

I just don't think in person it captured what the preconstruction images and design notes conveyed.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

where is the "game room" in the new marshall center

Yeah, and did that original NBA Jam machine survive to this day? That thing was out of date when I was a freshman, and that was in 1998.

• Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

Are they going to KEEP the underground area of the Old Marshall Center???  Cause that would be a great idea. 

Maybe add an underground bowling alley???

eh? eh?

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  5,245
  • Days Won:  2

where is the "game room" in the new marshall center

Yeah, and did that original NBA Jam machine survive to this day? That thing was out of date when I was a freshman, and that was in 1998.

NBA Jam never gets old, son.

• Content Count:  172

You know what is really cool? My company helped build that beast. We do all of the site work, i was there to start it and i havnt seen it in like 3 months. I was at the bookstore yesterday so i got to see it... wow, they did a great job.

If you watch that progress video you can see all of the stuff i did in the beginning of the project.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

can't wait to see it...as a transfer into USF there were a lot of things I was spoiled by from my old school's that left something to be desired at USF...one of those things being a nice open student union. How are the food choices there now aside from Beefs? I'll definately be going to check it out sometime soon.

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

Theres a Sbarro pizza, chic-fil-a, a sushi bar, moes southwest grill, and a few others cant remember them all.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

Theres a Sbarro pizza, chic-fil-a, a sushi bar, moes southwest grill, and a few others cant remember them all.

nice...a great improvement over the old one! I do miss the soup station from my old school...then again the average for half the school year there was about 35 degrees so it made more sense  :)

• Content Count:  5,241

I saw it today, it is breath-takingly Huge in the main area.

That Beefs is VERY NICE!!

I love the usf mural in the corner and the iconic U on every table. I may be on campus more now

• Content Count:  573

I just wonder why no two buildings look alike at USF...there is no design continuity at all and that bothers me.

I've been over to the FGCU.  All of their buildings look alike, which I don't much care for.  Its basically a cookie cutter approach.  I think different buildings should have their own flavor.

Archived