• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New Marshall Center = WOW

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Is that middle pic Beefs?  Wow, that does look like an airport terminal.  My nephew from Delaware visited USF on his college touring in the summer and I was surprised by how much he and his Mom liked it.  She's a graduate of USF but hasn't been back to campus probably in 20 years, but they both loved the tour.  She was floored with how nice it is now versus the 80s. 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that middle pic Beefs?  Wow, that does look like an airport terminal.  My nephew from Delaware visited USF on his college touring in the summer and I was surprised by how much he and his Mom liked it.  She's a graduate of USF but hasn't been back to campus probably in 20 years, but they both loved the tour.  She was floored with how nice it is now versus the 80s. 

No it's not Beef's... it's a corner of the dining area that is part of the "food court"... which is also designed to be a place where students spend time studying.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

It's just like the old Marshall Center, except the complete opposite. When I was there I think the nicest room in that building was the Leadership Zoo, and that's just because they slapped some fresh paint on it and added some nice furniture.

• Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

Does anyone else get the feeling that this building is not going to age well? The decorations look like they're trying to be 70s retro to me...which isnt cute. Green and Gold terrazzo floors, art decoish signage, the copper exterior to the egg...

I just wonder why no two buildings look alike at USF...there is no design continuity at all and that bothers me.

I like the building, it is a huge improvement and much needed, but I feel a little let down.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

where is the "game room" in the new marshall center

I think it's in Beef's... the bar and kitchen close and lock up, but the tables and stage are open all the hours the Marshall Center is open... WBUL's studio is there as well.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I spent many-a thermodynamics classes in the old game room playing pool. Did they get rid of it?

• Content Count:  2,277
  • Days Won:  0

Does anyone else get the feeling that this building is not going to age well? The decorations look like they're trying to be 70s retro to me...which isnt cute. Green and Gold terrazzo floors, art decoish signage, the copper exterior to the egg...

I just wonder why no two buildings look alike at USF...there is no design continuity at all and that bothers me.

I like the building, it is a huge improvement and much needed, but I feel a little let down.

Actually today's more "modern" or "contempory" design looks a lot like 70's retro, which is actually really in right now.  I think it should age pretty well.

Archived