• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

You've got to brace yourselves for some disappointments this year

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

The only previous USF team that comes close to comparing to the experience, depth and relative talent (this year's team is at a much higher level athletically) s he 2002 team.  That team didn't lose to anyone they should have beaten.

The argument about losing to teams we should have beaten gets old.  The only game we were heavily favored to win and lost was Army. Maybe 1 or 2 others, but the rest of the games were toss ups.  It's stupid to worry about games we won by a lesser margin than expected unless you lost by not covering the spread.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's Cool-Aid being served everywhere this year. Good golly. I don't want to bathe in it.

We Bulls know very well that at some point this season there will come a time when we will want to cut our wrists. Every year thus far it has happened.

All I want right now is a good game against Tennessee-Martin; I just want good offensive football with a solid running game.

Quitters never win and winners never quit.  We have a team like no other year.  11-0

You are missing a game.  They play 12 games.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

There's Cool-Aid being served everywhere this year. Good golly. I don't want to bathe in it.

We Bulls know very well that at some point this season there will come a time when we will want to cut our wrists. Every year thus far it has happened.

All I want right now is a good game against Tennessee-Martin; I just want good offensive football with a solid running game.

Quitters never win and winners never quit.  We have a team like no other year.  11-0

You are missing a game.  They play 12 games.

... 13  ;)

You know, there is a coach at USF that for a whole season wouldn't allow his players to say "lose, loss, etc." It wasn't an option. Now I am not saying that he isn't a little crazy for that, but the team has always been successful with him at the helm. Winning is the only option. A non-win should not be accepted as something we should have expected to happen. Will it happen...probably, and I am not saying that we should all drive off of a bridge or anything, but this team is too good for us to enter the season talking about how we will react "when" we lose a game.

Only time will tell, but this is the year of the Bull in my calendar, and if we can play well, get some breaks, and stay healthy, no team on our schedule will create a non-win for us.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

The only game that truly disappointed me and let me down last year was Rutgers.  I hate them with a passion, and pretty much everything that could've gone wrong did.  It was also our first loss, and the first cut is always the deepest.

I would've taken a worse thrashing in the Sun Bowl if it meant that we would've beaten just Rutgers in the regular season.

Guest BasketBull.

Mr. BasketBull,

Didn't you just give us 50% odds to win the National Title?

Nope, I think we have a good chance for the Big East Title. However, after watching the Sun Bowl and Rutgers again, I think we have a lot of things to work on. I just hope we've made enough improvements from last year.

We're a great paper team right now. But I want to see stuff for myself: show me the money!  8)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,492
  • Days Won:  13

USF's football history is such that we lose a game we have no business losing... Army in 2004... Both road games at UConn...

USF has a history of playing down to their opponents, too... So game like FIU, FAU, or McNeese State are closer than we want...

That said... this team more than any previous team has a chance to win every game... they will be favored in every game except (maybe) for WVU... that should tell you something.

we could be a slight dog to Kansas as well.

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

be prepared to get bashed.  this forum is for kool-aid sippers and homers ONLY.

any negativity in the form of realism or constructive criticism is tantamount to treason.

• Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  0

any negativity in the form of realism or constructive criticism is tantamount to treason.

I got no beef with you Bully, but why you have to go and flame like that?  :)

[/quote/]

No problem with opinions or criticism of the team, but in this case to say we lose to teams every year that we we were clearly a much better team is not reality.

The only game we lost where we were a better team was maybe, maybe Army.  To say the 2004 team that was loaded with freshman and holdovers from 1AA days is dead wrong and we were lucky to win any games that year quite honestly.

2005 UCONN?  Were a .500 team at best and were pretty evenly matched with them.  We had a patched together offense and no QB.  That game was a toss up.  Disappointed to lose?  Yes, but notlike we were heavily favored if at all.  2007 UCONN.  Disappointing because of where we were ranked, but reality is they were conference champs and I don't think we were heavy favorites.  Rutgers was a top ten team starting the year.  We weren't heavy favotrites in that game nor were we heavy favorites against UC.

Losing is always disappointing, but to lose to an evenly matched team is not wrist cutting time.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Lets hope they fired all of the refs in the off season and replaced them with better ones.  I don't want to see any more close games given away due to crappy reffing...  At least 2 of our losses would have gone the other way with correct calls last year.

Archived