• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Diamondbacks get Adam Dunn

Velcro

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

The Arizona Diamondbacks added a big bat Monday in their attempt to hold off the Los Angeles Dodgers in the NL West race.

Arizona acquired Cincinnati Reds outfielder Adam Dunn, who is tied for the major league lead with 32 home runs, for three prospects.

The trade was first reported by KTAR Radio in Phoenix.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,589
  • Days Won:  424

4-3-2-1 .....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

Singabull wants to do why the Rays didnt get him before the deadline.

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

.224 career hitter with runners in scoring position and 1212 K's in 1087 career games is pretty rough.  i agree that we need another bat, but the d-backs can have him

• Content Count:  2,118

asa reds fan i'm glad we got rid of his ass. just building for the failures of the future

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

.224 career hitter with runners in scoring position and 1212 K's in 1087 career games is pretty rough.  i agree that we need another bat, but the d-backs can have him

Don't worry S. Bien will be here soon to tell you why your opinion on Dunn is wrong. 

• Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

dbacks and dodgers should  be good race

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Don't worry S. Bien will be here soon to tell you why your opinion on Dunn is wrong. 

S Bien hasn't been by, so I figured I'd post this article.  You have to look at ALL of the statistics.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/123666

• Content Count:  4,016

S Bien hasn't been by, so I figured I'd post this article.  You have to look at ALL of the statistics.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/123666

Good article, that about sums up my interest in the Rays getting Adam Dunn.  I don't know what the Reds wanted, but having the best homerun hitter in the game over the past 5 years, and who was a right handed hitter, and a good right fielder would have been just what the doctor ordered for this line-up.  With him protecting Pena, and learning to be patient at the plate from Maddon it would have been a very nice lethal combo.  I am not crying that we didn't get him, but he would have been a great addition, and like I said before if the team was trading for a RF, then you trade for a guy that gives you MORE than what the platooning of Hinske/Gross could give you...who combine have less homers and about the same batting average, and less RBI's, we wouldn't have gotten that with Bay.  How is that not a good trade off?

Archived