• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Diamondbacks get Adam Dunn

Velcro

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  424

.224 career hitter with runners in scoring position and 1212 K's in 1087 career games is pretty rough.  i agree that we need another bat, but the d-backs can have him

Don't worry S. Bien will be here soon to tell you why your opinion on Dunn is wrong. 

S Bien hasn't been by, so I figured I'd post this article.  You have to look at ALL of the statistics.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/123666

Good article, that about sums up my interest in the Rays getting Adam Dunn.  I don't know what the Reds wanted, but having the best homerun hitter in the game over the past 5 years, and who was a right handed hitter, and a good right fielder would have been just what the doctor ordered for this line-up.  With him protecting Pena, and learning to be patient at the plate from Maddon it would have been a very nice lethal combo.  I am not crying that we didn't get him, but he would have been a great addition, and like I said before if the team was trading for a RF, then you trade for a guy that gives you MORE than what the platooning of Hinske/Gross could give you...who combine have less homers and about the same batting average, and less RBI's, we wouldn't have gotten that with Bay.  How is that not a good trade off?

Weren't there some attitude questions about Dunn?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

.224 career hitter with runners in scoring position and 1212 K's in 1087 career games is pretty rough.  i agree that we need another bat, but the d-backs can have him

Don't worry S. Bien will be here soon to tell you why your opinion on Dunn is wrong. 

S Bien hasn't been by, so I figured I'd post this article.  You have to look at ALL of the statistics.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/123666

Good article, that about sums up my interest in the Rays getting Adam Dunn.  I don't know what the Reds wanted, but having the best homerun hitter in the game over the past 5 years, and who was a right handed hitter, and a good right fielder would have been just what the doctor ordered for this line-up.  With him protecting Pena, and learning to be patient at the plate from Maddon it would have been a very nice lethal combo.  I am not crying that we didn't get him, but he would have been a great addition, and like I said before if the team was trading for a RF, then you trade for a guy that gives you MORE than what the platooning of Hinske/Gross could give you...who combine have less homers and about the same batting average, and less RBI's, we wouldn't have gotten that with Bay.  How is that not a good trade off?

Weren't there some attitude questions about Dunn?

Not sure, but it never happened so no worries.  My point during the trade deadline discussions was Dunn brought more of what the rays needed to the table then Bay or Nady.  He is dynamic at the plate and a guy that can make staff's worry more if they brought in a lefty.  If you get a token right handed batter for lefties, what good does it really do if he's just a slightly above average guy like Bay or Nady and just gets you an extra single or double...but if it's Dunn, well he's an equalizer everytime he steps to the plate...maybe he strikes out twice, but then clocks a 3 run homer the 3rd time.

The analysis was sound on why Dunn would be a wise move at the trade deadline.  In the off-season if we're shopping a few pitching prospects around to grab an RF, maybe, probably I don't want Dunn.  But 3 weeks ago, to solidify a pennant chase, he would have been exactly the right acquisition for the Rays for a final push, and definitely bettre than what was available. 

Archived