• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

James Green and Ricardo Nixon possibly switching?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

This thread is depressing.

These things happen (although I still agree with you), but right now it's still good and we still have a lot of great recruits we are going after.

• Content Count:  5,241

I think these verbals that may switch are just waiting to see how the schools there interested in perform this year.

• Content Count:  573

I hate when verbals de-commit in general because you have to wonder why they committed in the first place. 

But I think that everything will play out in the Bulls favor at the end.  It always has.  If we keep winning on the field then we'll keep winning on the recruiting trail, period.

• Content Count:  3,574

Too early... I hope they stay committed though.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Tallahassee (Fla.) Leon WR James Green told Sporting News Today that nothing has changed, despite rampant internet rumors on Tuesday that he may have changed his college decision from South Florida to South Carolina.

"It's not true," Green told SN Today. "A reporter called me and misquoted me. He asked me if I still like South Carolina, and I said 'yeah', and he made it seem like I would switch."

Welcome to the world of recruiting.

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/TheRecruitnik/tag/CollegeFootball

• Content Count:  111

Dixon keeping options open

Three-star cornerback Ricardo Dixon committed to USF after a visit to the Tampa campus back in June. While he remains committed, Dixon said that doesn't necessarily mean he'll sign with the Bulls on Signing day. But after committing to USF, most teams, including Florida State, stopped calling.

Nevertheless, the 5-foot-11, 168-pound corner says he will sit down and think about taking some visits in the near future. South Carolina, Rutgers, Florida State, and Ole Miss could all get visits this summer, but as of now, the Hallandale (FL) star hasn't decided which schools, if any, he will visit.

"I don't know, I'm going to break down what's what for the schools that most likely will have a chance over the summer and I'll evaluate," said Dixon.

With visits to other schools still a possibility, why the decision to go ahead and commit now?

"I just want to go into my senior season with some insurance just in case I get hurt," Dixon said. "People pull the scholarships and I didn't want that to happen to me."

rivals premium content, check his recent updates if your a member.  So he wants us to commit to him but isn't really committing to us. I think he's a great player and I really want him to come to USF but this pisses me off.

• Content Count:  280

Dixon keeping options open

Three-star cornerback Ricardo Dixon committed to USF after a visit to the Tampa campus back in June. While he remains committed, Dixon said that doesn't necessarily mean he'll sign with the Bulls on Signing day. But after committing to USF, most teams, including Florida State, stopped calling.

Nevertheless, the 5-foot-11, 168-pound corner says he will sit down and think about taking some visits in the near future. South Carolina, Rutgers, Florida State, and Ole Miss could all get visits this summer, but as of now, the Hallandale (FL) star hasn't decided which schools, if any, he will visit.

"I don't know, I'm going to break down what's what for the schools that most likely will have a chance over the summer and I'll evaluate," said Dixon.

With visits to other schools still a possibility, why the decision to go ahead and commit now?

"I just want to go into my senior season with some insurance just in case I get hurt," Dixon said. "People pull the scholarships and I didn't want that to happen to me."

rivals premium content, check his recent updates if your a member.  So he wants us to commit to him but isn't really committing to us. I think he's a great player and I really want him to come to USF but this pisses me off.

I generally agree with not getting too worked up when these kids change their minds, as they are only 17/18 yrs old, but that quote from Dixon is ridiculous. I'm sure this is a reason why many kids commit early, but what good does that bring to make that information public? I can't image the coaching staff being too pleased with this..

• 1 year later...

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Who knows how this will turn out, as of now, we have some good news on this situation .

Well, we finally know how it turned out.

Ricardo Dixon signed with USF and qualified.

James Green signed with Tenn and did NOT qualify.

In the end it worked out well for us, because we signed WR Sterling Griffin in his place and he is already on the two deep as a freshman.

• Content Count:  4,016

Who knows how this will turn out, as of now, we have some good news on this situation .

Well, we finally know how it turned out.

Ricardo Dixon signed with USF and qualified.

James Green signed with Tenn and did NOT qualify.

In the end it worked out well for us, because we signed WR Sterling Griffin in his place and he is already on the two deep as a freshman.

Thanks for that info mama, James not qualifying definitely takes the sting out of that loss.  Especially with Sterling turning out so well.  Remember Sterling's dad was a receiver at Purdue so he has good pedigree, and probably taught his son a bunch.

Archived