• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

mark may just said mike ford

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

Think Auburn a few years ago with Cadillac, Brown, and the other guy (name escapes me)--- that tandem wrecked shop and they all had differing styles. I see this as a plus-- it makes your offense more robust.

The third guy on Auburn's depth chart transferred to S. Illinois for playing time.  His name . . . . . Brandon Jacobs.  Filthy job of recruiting by Tuberville back then.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

IMO, Ford (who could be a true Senior this year if he went straight to college) has all the incentive to try to play like a manchild and declare for the draft.  Unlike any other position, RB's are used and abused in the NFL and sent to pasture with little fanfare (in a way, RB is the worst job in pro sports).  As I type this the ESPN crew is talking about Edgerrin James (who turned 30 five days ago) like he is a charity case with nothing left.

Mike is out to get his and we (USF and its fans) are going to benefit.  If it takes him two years to get his stock high, all the better.

• Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

you have to remember we are using ford in the spread offense. This guy is a power back who should be set up in the i-form.

• Content Count:  8

why speed up a highlight vid of a RB?

I did it in the interest of time and...well...thats kind of my "thing".... I speed up the stuff you know is going to happen (i.e. running in the open field).

p.s. I didn't speed up that much of the HS stuff.....he was really that fast.

• Content Count:  3,403

Think Auburn a few years ago with Cadillac, Brown, and the other guy (name escapes me)--- that tandem wrecked shop and they all had differing styles. I see this as a plus-- it makes your offense more robust.

Carolina_Bull:  nice info, I did not know (or probably heard and forgot) that Jacobs was also on that team before he transfered.

However, Ford might be as talented as Brown and Cadillac, but I'm not so sure Taylor is.  If anyone has a nice highlight video of him (college and/or HS) then please post it or link it.  Ford seemed better, but perhaps Taylor will be much better this year as you hope since he's a few years younger.

Other duos include Bush/White (USC, the "best team ever" until they lost to Texas), CJ Spiller and James Davis at Clemson this year, McFadden and Felix Jones last year, etc.  That doesn't mean every awesome back is always packaged with another.  I look forward to seeing all the backs during the opening game, though, including Kelly and Plancher.  Samuels should get a medical redshirt.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

you have to remember we are using ford in the spread offense. This guy is a power back who should be set up in the i-form.

The rest of the offense was recruited to play in the spread.  This offense was very good last year without all of the components in place.  WHy would we want to change it to an I?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  145

Carolina_Bull:  nice info, I did not know (or probably heard and forgot) that Jacobs was also on that team before he transfered.

However, Ford might be as talented as Brown and Cadillac, but I'm not so sure Taylor is.  If anyone has a nice highlight video of him (college and/or HS) then please post it or link it.  Ford seemed better, but perhaps Taylor will be much better this year as you hope since he's a few years younger.

Other duos include Bush/White (USC, the "best team ever" until they lost to Texas), CJ Spiller and James Davis at Clemson this year, McFadden and Felix Jones last year, etc.  That doesn't mean every awesome back is always packaged with another.  I look forward to seeing all the backs during the opening game, though, including Kelly and Plancher.  Samuels should get a medical redshirt.

Taylor had some nice runs and he has a nose for the endzone-- remember that beautiful run he had for a ~20 yard TD against WVU last season? He has more shake and bake in him than Ford, possibly a bit more speed (atleast last season before Ford got his butt to work on conditioning)

There are tons of examples of two/three back setups that work. We use this strategy on our DL and other areas of the team. So giving a guy a play or two off after he runsoff a big one or hits the line 2 or 3 plays-- that can be very beneficial to the player.

Now if Ford is like Ray Rice-- and very few backs are like that guy-- you can run him 30-40 times a game and his motor never stops. I just don't know if we have to do that. Even Andre Hall took a break once in a while.

• Content Count:  4,879

if Ford consistently gets 20 touches per game we'll be good, because CJL will only give him that many if he is clearly improved.

• Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

if Ford consistently gets 20 touches per game we'll be good, because CJL will only give him that many if he is clearly improved.

Ford will be better this year no doubt about it, he wasn't even in great shape last year and almost had 5 yards a carry.

Archived