• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF Football Broadcasts go "Grande Tiempo!" (that's 'big time')...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,473
  • Days Won:  13

are u sure this is true?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

You guys can laugh all you want, but I'd have traded my left arm to watch a USF game on Telemundo a few years ago.  I remember having to hunker next to the computer to listen to the streaming audio in 2005 for a few away games.

You can laugh, but it's a good move for their fans.  They can turn on the radio or computer web stream for audio and see the action.  It's not the ideal situation, but it's better than what we had in CUSA.

Think the Gator fans are jealous of our almighty TV deal? 2 Thursdays, 2 Fridays, and a Sunday?  That right there is bush league.  Stop taunting little kids at the playground and move on.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Before all the taunting of little children stops, we are talking about the radio broadcasts being on the spanish channel.  Unless I misunderstood, they are not on a spanish television station.

• Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

You guys can laugh all you want, but I'd have traded my left arm to watch a USF game on Telemundo a few years ago.  I remember having to hunker next to the computer to listen to the streaming audio in 2005 for a few away games.

You can laugh, but it's a good move for their fans.  They can turn on the radio or computer web stream for audio and see the action.  It's not the ideal situation, but it's better than what we had in CUSA.

Think the Gator fans are jealous of our almighty TV deal? 2 Thursdays, 2 Fridays, and a Sunday?  That right there is bush league.  Stop taunting little kids at the playground and move on.

I agree that Sundays are pretty Bush League. And Fridays are problematic because of the conflict with HS football. However, Thursdays are a premier game in college football. Thursdays have become akin to NFL Monday Night Football. Check out the ESPN broadcast list for Thursdays this season:

August 28

North Carolina State at South Carolina (ESPN)

Oregon State at Stanford (ESPN2)

September 4

South Carolina at Vanderbilt

September 11

North Carolina at Rutgers

September 18

West Virginia at Colorado

September 25

USC at Oregon State

October 2

Pittsburgh at South Florida

October 9

Clemson at Wake Forest

October 16

Florida State at North Carolina State

October 23

Auburn at West Virginia

October 30

South Florida at Cincinnati

November 6

Maryland at Virginia Tech

November 13

Virginia Tech at Miami

November 20

Miami at Georgia Tech

November 27 (Thanksgiving)

Texas A&M at Texas

December 4

Louisville at Rutgers

Not a SINGLE non-BCS team is included. Additionally, there are matchups from EVERY BCS conference. So, having 2 Thursday Night games is the equivalent to having 2 NFL Monday Night Football Games.  

Bully you can spin it how ever you want, but Saturday night is hands down the NCAA's "Monday Night Football".

South Carolina at Vanderbilt

West Virginia at Colorado

USC at Oregon State

Pittsburgh at South Florida

Clemson at Wake Forest

Auburn at West Virginia

Virginia Tech at Miami

Miami at Georgia Tech

Texas A&M at Texas

There is the list of the only marquee games on Thursdays nights.  Granted it's better than I thought it'd be, but Thursday is not "the" day to play college football.  The Friday appearance is tolerable, but Sunday is embarrassing.

I won’t lie, I'm happy to play any day of the week for a while to garner national attention.  After the next 2-3 seasons USF should limit non-Saturday games to a max of 2 (only 1 home game).

On the other side.  It’ll be nice to get to see all the other Saturday games we miss tailgating all day.

Before all the taunting of little children stops, we are talking about the radio broadcasts being on the spanish channel.  Unless I misunderstood, they are not on a spanish television station.

well, that's just bad.  Shouldn't kick the kiddos while they're down (and they are certainly down).

No kicking, just taunting.

As for Thursday nights, the fact that USC, the real USC not South Carolina, plays on that night makes it bigtime for me.  Yes they only play once, but USC playing that night legitimizes it.

To a lesser degree so does the existence of Miami, FSU, Auburn and Texas.

As for Thursday nights, the fact that USC, the real USC not South Carolina, plays on that night makes it bigtime for me.  Yes they only play once, but USC playing that night legitimizes it.

I bet none of those teams have 5 off night games!

I conceded that point already.  My point was you saying that Thursday night games were a big deal and akin to MNF.

I conceded that point already.  My point was you saying that Thursday night games were a big deal and akin to MNF.

I still think saturday night is the marquee playing time.  I am ok with the thurs, fridays, and sundays for now, but I hope it doesn't last.

Archived