• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF Football Broadcasts go "Grande Tiempo!" (that's 'big time')...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Sorry, I'm in a cantankerous mood this evening.

Congrats on UCF landing that great deal to have their football games broadcast on a Spanish-only station in Orlando.  I have a great idea for a new promotion:  "When the Knights score 30 or more points, you get a free taco at participating Taco Bells! - Make a run for the Endzone!"

All the migrant workers are going to be in the east Polk county fields listening to the broadcast saying "Quién es el hombre gordo y anciano que entrena el equipo de fútbol americano?"

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  639
  • Days Won:  0

Sorry, I'm in a cantankerous mood this evening.

Congrats on UCF landing that great deal to have their football games broadcast on a Spanish-only station in Orlando.  I have a great idea for a new promotion:  "When the Knights score 30 or more points, you get a free taco at participating Taco Bells! - Make a run for the Endzone!"

All the migrant workers are going to be in the east Polk county fields listening to the broadcast saying "Quién es el hombre gordo y anciano que entrena el equipo de fútbol americano?"

lol good one but I'd prefer a free Queso Crunch Wrap instead of just one taco, those are delicious!

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

I am confused - what is the big deal that they got a spanish affiliate.  I think it would be cool if the Bulls pick someone up to broadcast our games in spanish (if we don't already have that)

• Content Count:  2,239

"When the Knights score 30 or more points, you get a free taco at participating Taco Bells! - Make a run for the Endzone!"

Mmmmm...Taco Bell.  I would so go for this.  I'd rather get a burrito supreme.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

For you all's sake, I hope Taco Cabana or at least Taco Bueno expands to Florida someday.

• Content Count:  1,981

For you all's sake, I hope Taco Cabana or at least Taco Bueno expands to Florida someday.

I ate at Taco Cabana everyday while in El Paso for the bowl game. That was some good Mexican food.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

I am confused - what is the big deal that they got a spanish affiliate.  I think it would be cool if the Bulls pick someone up to broadcast our games in spanish (if we don't already have that)

You're missing it... the ONLY station to broadcast their game is a Spanish-only station.  It's not an affiliate... it's the flagship and primary station in the Orlando area.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Hahahaha!

When I was home about a month or so ago, there was an article in the paper about this.

There were 3 stations. A news station that carried the Gator games, and they wanted the Gators to have priority still, a sports radio station, and the Spanish station that  replaced the old sports station they were on.

Seems like UCF football is a ratings giant in OTown. Just to note USF football is on 660am. A news talk station in Orlando.

Teams with better radio affiliates than UCF in Orlando

Florida

FSU

Miami

USF

5th in your own town. Might wanna start talking to the Sentinel.

Olay

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Donde esta Keveen Smeeth?  ;)

Archived