• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF Football Broadcasts go "Grande Tiempo!" (that's 'big time')...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

UCF used that great clout from winning CUSA to land a deal with the 24th-ranked station in the Orlando market (according to Arbitron).  Enjoy that whopping 0.6 share!

http://www.arbitron.com/home/ratings.htm

FYI, USF is broadcast on the 2nd rated station in the Tampa market (WFLA-AM, with a 5.7 share).  And our Orlando affiliate has a rating that's 0.2 below your Orlando station!  =)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

I am confused - what is the big deal that they got a spanish affiliate.  I think it would be cool if the Bulls pick someone up to broadcast our games in spanish (if we don't already have that)

You're missing it... the ONLY station to broadcast their game is a Spanish-only station.  It's not an affiliate... it's the flagship and primary station in the Orlando area.

Ah, well that is different.  Certainly an embarrasing situation for them, but I think they made the right decision.  They couldn't have their flagship station tossing them off for UF.

• Content Count:  711
  • Days Won:  0

Actually...UCF won't leave the station that it's always been on.  That spanish station was once 740 the team...Orlando's main sports station.  Now...Orlando just doesn't have a Sports Station, anymore.  They have an ESPN Radio station...with some locals on in the afternoon...but it's wattage is very low and doesn't even come in outside of downtown, mostly...especially out by UCF. 

UCF has a contract with Clear Channel and it will be broadcast in English.  It sucks what happend to sports radio in Orlando.  Even Dan Sileo got moved to a news station and he and the Gator games will be the only ones on there. 

Also...the Bucs had always had their Broadcasts on 740theteam, as well.  Now that it's spanish...I'm not sure if they'll still be on there or not.  They also have a clear channel contract.

Archived