• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

C-DOA Media Day. GOL still not talking......

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

I don't remember where I saw it, but numerous sources have mentioned that GOL met with the OS sports staff before any article was posted.  They asked questions and got answers but not one thing asked or said was used in any article.  That, along with the anonymous quotes, set off O'Leary.

So why doesn't UCF publish the transcript of the interview independently along with the date and time of the meeting, thus proving the Sentinel's agenda?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I don't remember where I saw it, but numerous sources have mentioned that GOL met with the OS sports staff before any article was posted.  They asked questions and got answers but not one thing asked or said was used in any article.  That, along with the anonymous quotes, set off O'Leary.

So why doesn't UCF publish the transcript of the interview independently along with the date and time of the meeting, thus proving the Sentinel's agenda?

Because that would mean the interview actually happened. 

Someone over at the UCF Rivals board asked what O'Leary said to the Sentinel during the interview, and Knight_Light responded that they "should e-mail the Sentinel and ask them."

The impression I get is that UCF has told the big donors that they've cooperated with the Sentinel and that they are scot-free, but it's the big bad Sentinel with the agenda against UCF... which, of course, makes perfect sense and is completely logical.

I challenge anyone on this board to provide us with the content, transcript, information, or other proof of the materials that UCF provided to the Sentinel that they're allegedly refusing to publish, since all UCF fans have bought that story.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,603
  • Days Won:  424

Someone over at the UCF Rivals board asked what O'Leary said to the Sentinel during the interview, and Knight_Light responded that they "should e-mail the Sentinel and ask them."

The impression I get is that UCF has told the big donors that they've cooperated with the Sentinel and that they are scot-free, but it's the big bad Sentinel with the agenda against UCF... which, of course, makes perfect sense and is completely logical.

I challenge anyone on this board to provide us with the content, transcript, information, or other proof of the materials that UCF provided to the Sentinel that they're allegedly refusing to publish, since all UCF fans have bought that story.

I haven't read everything that the OS has writen on this so maybe somebody that has can answer this .... Have they once mentioned the incident at Ga Tech where he had players beat the crap out of another player in the guise of a drill as a form of punishment?

• Content Count:  32
  • Days Won:  0

I haven't read everything that the OS has writen on this so maybe somebody that has can answer this .... Have they once mentioned the incident at Ga Tech where he had players beat the crap out of another player in the guise of a drill as a form of punishment?

nope but at this rate it's only a matter of time....

what a clusterf o'leary has dragged ucf into, where's tribble or hitt? if they had any stones whatsoever they'd sit him down and put a stop to this, it's not worth the bad pub for school and program especially when these issues could probably be resolved outside the public eye.

http://www.slate.com/id/2059837/

Paragraph talks about O'Leary's low graduation rate at GaTech, the illegal loan he made to a player, and, of course, the player abuse incident.

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned it thus far.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,603
  • Days Won:  424

http://www.slate.com/id/2059837/

Paragraph talks about O'Leary's low graduation rate at GaTech, the illegal loan he made to a player, and, of course, the player abuse incident.

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned it thus far.

It is surprising the OS isn't all over that considering their sports editor has a vendetta against GOL and all ...... That just proves to me that the UCF whiners about the OS being out to get him is basically ********.

FYI, it's been 15 hours since I asked to receive this information, and despite the omnipresence of UCF fans on this board, not one has jumped in to answer it.

However, Knight_Light has been kind enough to share his knowledge on FIU's losing streak over on the other board.

The mass-avoidance of this request is starting to tell me all I need to know about what UCF fans REALLY know about what O'Leary did.  More than likely (and as usual), they're swallowing the company line spewed by O'Leary, Hitt, and Tribble and burying their heads in the sand. 

I guess it's much easier to con yourself into the delusion that the printed media world is against you than to admit your boys may have screwed up.

• Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

I'm sorry, I haven't been on much cause my computer decide to wear some concrete shoes.

I couldn't tell you if a transcript was ever created or who had it.  I'll keep on the lookout.  Stuff could pop up now or a few months in the future.  You know that.

I'm sorry, I haven't been on much cause my computer decide to wear some concrete shoes.

I couldn't tell you if a transcript was ever created or who had it.  I'll keep on the lookout.  Stuff could pop up now or a few months in the future.  You know that.

Sorry about your computer dude.

I know that things can pop up... my point was that the majority of UCF fans (such as Knight_Light) are speaking with such certainty as to what GOL said to the Sentinel.  They're so convinced that the meeting actually happened and that GOL cleared himself... yet not a single iota of information about that meeting or what was said has been released by anyone or UCF.

That's like me telling my kids that Santa is real.  "Yes, Calvin, I met him and yes he told me all the toys you're going to get... what?  When did we meet?  What exactly did he say?  I can't tell you that..."

UCF fans have taken a leap of faith and have now created a Holy War against the Sentinel and all others who don't believe the Gospel of Honest George.

Again... any UCF fan who knows when the 90 minute meeting was or what the specifics were that the Sentinel "refuses" to publish, let's hear em...

Archived