• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

kazmir is horrible

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  136
  • Days Won:  0

NO RUN SUPPORT!!!!!! Pitching is what has got the Rays this far!!!  Time for the bats to step up!!!!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  509

ok...lets look at the numbers

he has the 5th best ERA in the AL @ 2.69

he has the 3rd best BAA in the AL @ .209

he is leading the AL in K's per 9 innings

and has a whip under 1.15

those numbers can easily win a cy young if the wins total was there.

so to see a rays "fan" start a thread saying kazmir is horrible...is just.....stupid.

guess what, if he only lasts 5 innings every outing, none of those stats matter!  if he could go 7, or at least 6!, innings consistantly it would be a different story.  it just gets old watching his pitch count climb to 228 in the fifth inning every game.  run support has nothing to do with this argument.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,455
  • Days Won:  13

Kaz is a stud.... Singabull is a moron

• Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

Kaz has had a difficultly throwing the slider this year and I think its from not wanting to strain his elbow an injury that kept him out for the first month of the season.  The Rays should have Kaz skip his next start and work on throwing the slider instead in a simulation game to build his confidence and get the correct feel of throwing the slider ingrained again in his head.

• Content Count:  12,293

so to see a rays "fan" start a thread saying kazmir is horrible...is just.....stupid.

guess what, if he only lasts 5 innings every outing, none of those stats matter!  if he could go 7, or at least 6!, innings consistantly it would be a different story.  it just gets old watching his pitch count climb to 228 in the fifth inning every game.  run support has nothing to do with this argument.

no, but his numbers have everything to do with this argument.  i cant even fathom how someone with any baseball knowledge would doubt Kazmir's ability.  he has made 13 starts this year...only 5 times has he not pitched more than 5 innings.  lets not forget that he is only 24 years old.  he is still learning HOW to pitch. 

• Content Count:  509

no, but his numbers have everything to do with this argument.  i cant even fathom how someone with any baseball knowledge would doubt Kazmir's ability.  he has made 13 starts this year...only 5 times has he not pitched more than 5 innings.  lets not forget that he is only 24 years old.  he is still learning HOW to pitch. 

I'm not doubting his ability, he has great stuff, but he can only get by so long on pure stuff alone.  he hasn't been pitching like an ace for his past 4 starts.  simple as that.  our own Rays announcers were talking about that this game.  I agree he is still young, he is still learning how to pitch, I've been saying that since we got him from the mets.  he is not our ace and hasn't been since Shields was brought up.  and now he might even be behind Garza.  for a #4 or 5 starter, 5 innings and an occasional 6 is fine/expected, it is unacceptable for a supposed #1 or 2 starter.

I agree, singabull tends to exaggerate things, but if you think Kazmir has pitched well recently, you need to start paying more attention.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Kazmir has not been at the top of his game lately, but he'd still be the #1 or #2 pitcher on most teams.  Everyone goes through slumps.  He's struggling a bit right now, but he'll get it turned around. 

You know you are a great pitcher when you are struggling and still hold the Yankees to two runs in five innings, striking out nine.  That's a hot streak for most pitchers.

• Content Count:  2,567

I think "horrible" is a bit of an exaggeration.  We should be so lucky to have a starter go 5 and give up 2 runs and still be able to call him horrible.  He'll get it back on track.  He's 24 years old for cripes sake.

• Content Count:  7,890

If Gomes would have caught the **** ball Kaz would not have given up a **** run.

As much as I like Gomes I think its time for him to go he can't field or hit.

• Content Count:  19,229

He might have had a couple less than stellar games, but he is still the 1 guy in your rotation that I would want on my team.  If you don't think he's a #1 starter, i'd gladly trade you a #2 starter for him straight up...  or give you a couple prospects  (one good one decent) in trade.

Archived