• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

kazmir is horrible

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  873
  • Days Won:  0

How is he labeled our ace?  He started the season great and has been in a downward spiral.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  509

agreed.  and the worst part of it is, it seems he has no confidence in any of his pitches other than his fastball.  hitters have figured that out and just sit and wait, foul off fastball after fastball, waiting for a fastball they like.  and while Kazmir may end up striking out 8 per game, his pitch count gets worked up to 136 pitches in 4 innings.  and the worst part of the worst part, its been for the past 4 or 5 starts now!

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

Its hard to win games when your offense produces ZERO runs for you.

9Ks in 5 innings is disgusting.  Give the kid a break and some run support

• Content Count:  883

It's my fault.  I was giving miamisportsfan **** about how he's so much better than the Marlin pitchers and I jinxed him.  He has been absolutely horrible ever since I opened my mouth.  That's what I get.  At least he got a bunch of k's this time.

• Content Count:  873

k's are just a nice stat.  Aces are supposed to give you 7 innings or more, he consistently gives us 5 innings, inexcuseable

k's are just a nice stat.  Aces are supposed to give you 7 innings or more, he consistently gives us 5 innings, inexcuseable

I completely agree.  His last handful of starts have been mediocre at best and it seems like he never makes it past the 5th inning anymore.

• Content Count:  12,293

im questioning if you guys watch him pitch.  he is a great pitcher.  most strikeout pitchers dont throw 7+ innings.  its just a numbers game.  i dont think he is our ace.  but his numbers are outstanding.

im questioning if you guys watch him pitch.  he is a great pitcher.  most strikeout pitchers dont throw 7+ innings.  its just a numbers game.  i dont think he is our ace.  but his numbers are outstanding.

Of course I watch him pitch.  I've seen him pitch live twice already this season as well as most of his starts on tv.  I didn't say he wasn't a great pitcher overall.  I'm saying that he's been struggling lately.  He just hasn't looked as sharp the last few times I've seen him.  He wasn't great at Pitt, wasn't good against the red sux and even though he got the k's tonight, he's still gonna get the loss barring a big comeback.  So overall great, but lately not so good.

• Content Count:  3,078

geez... i had not seen the score of the game before this thread and was expecting like an 8 run outing or something, but **** a 2 run showing?? are you kidding me?

i guess it should have been expected from this board though... just like so many USF fans expect the world of the team all of a sudden because they were relatively successful, I guess Rays fans are now going to expect a win every night or the team sucks. 

Kazmir is 7-3 with an ERA under 3... are you kidding me?? 

• Content Count:  12,293

ok...lets look at the numbers

he has the 5th best ERA in the AL @ 2.69

he has the 3rd best BAA in the AL @ .209

he is leading the AL in K's per 9 innings

and has a whip under 1.15

those numbers can easily win a cy young if the wins total was there.

so to see a rays "fan" start a thread saying kazmir is horrible...is just.....stupid.

Archived