• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

Problem with giving the ball to Hall 30 times is the O must be able to competently complete 5-15 yard passes to keep 8-9 guys out of the box.  At this moment in time, the Bulls are pass challenged (not to mention the Bucs & Brandon Steelers...my other teams ::)).

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

well what would you rather have... hall getting a few first downs and then we punt or we punt because we pass on 3rd and 2 every series and are quadrupled up on time of possession?  

Give him the ball 30 times regardless of how good our passing game is on short passes... because no matter what... we punt (if the passes aren't caught).  At least with short throws our QB's should have the talent to get the ball to them... but our OC doesn't run short slants.

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407

He also plays with more passion then others also!   At USC he was pissed each time we did not get him the rock!  I believe he could put others on his back and carry this team to a 6-2 mark in c-usa!

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

Lets hope he is given the chance!

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Well I am glad to see everyone here is catching on to what I've been saying before season started.  When you get an All-American Juco running back you need to use him.  He will carry this team to respectability.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

Problem with giving the ball to Hall 30 times is the O must be able to competently complete 5-15 yard passes to keep 8-9 guys out of the box.  At this moment in time, the Bulls are pass challenged (not to mention the Bucs & Brandon Steelers...my other teams ::)).

did we or did we not have 5yds per carry?

who gives a rats ^&& if they have attila the hun in the box as long as we get some first downs and convert 3 and 2.

I'd like USF to try some of the plays that Arkansas used on us to run the ball. They had so many guys running from different directions that we didn't know what to do. We now have a stable of quality RB's with Hall, Crossley, Ponton, Copeland and Simpson that we could employ some of those tactics effectively.

Guest FreaKnight!

This is pure speculation by my part, but I would guess that JL has concerns about Hall, but it's not Hall's fault.

The biggest problem with a new RB, especially one as new as Hall (joined the team in August for first team practices), is NOT his ability to run.  It looks like he is a talented runner so that's not the issue.  The more difficult skills for the RB to pickup (especially at the IA level where defensive athletes are CONSIDERABLY faster) is understanding blocking schemes, blitz pickups, and running the right receiving routes to offset the blitz.  If the RB doesn't understand this, and he is in the game, then the defense has an immediate "key" that most likely he will be getting the ball and can guess that the play will be a run, because otherwise he wouldn't be in the game.

I think Hall is a talented back from what everyone has said and I imagine he will be a formidable weapon for you guys next year for sure, but might be limited this year because he doesn't yet have a full understanding of everything the coaches need him to know to really open up the offense when he is in the game.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

Actually, one of the easiest positions to come in and make an immediate impact is at running back.

Commentators of NFL games say that all the time too.