• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

This is pure speculation by my part, but I would guess that JL has concerns about Hall, but it's not Hall's fault.

The biggest problem with a new RB, especially one as new as Hall (joined the team in August for first team practices), is NOT his ability to run.  It looks like he is a talented runner so that's not the issue.  The more difficult skills for the RB to pickup (especially at the IA level where defensive athletes are CONSIDERABLY faster) is understanding blocking schemes, blitz pickups, and running the right receiving routes to offset the blitz.  If the RB doesn't understand this, and he is in the game, then the defense has an immediate "key" that most likely he will be getting the ball and can guess that the play will be a run, because otherwise he wouldn't be in the game.

I think Hall is a talented back from what everyone has said and I imagine he will be a formidable weapon for you guys next year for sure, but might be limited this year because he doesn't yet have a full understanding of everything the coaches need him to know to really open up the offense when he is in the game.

While you may be right about the "Key"ing on hall (if he really is a bad blocker... i don't know)

They are already keying on our inability to pass!  

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

This is pure speculation by my part, but I would guess that JL has concerns about Hall, but it's not Hall's fault.

The biggest problem with a new RB, especially one as new as Hall (joined the team in August for first team practices), is NOT his ability to run.  It looks like he is a talented runner so that's not the issue.  The more difficult skills for the RB to pickup (especially at the IA level where defensive athletes are CONSIDERABLY faster) is understanding blocking schemes, blitz pickups, and running the right receiving routes to offset the blitz.  If the RB doesn't understand this, and he is in the game, then the defense has an immediate "key" that most likely he will be getting the ball and can guess that the play will be a run, because otherwise he wouldn't be in the game.

I think Hall is a talented back from what everyone has said and I imagine he will be a formidable weapon for you guys next year for sure, but might be limited this year because he doesn't yet have a full understanding of everything the coaches need him to know to really open up the offense when he is in the game.

WRONG!

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

freaknight- that is plain stupid

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

I noticed Hall got replaced by Crossely on a lot of pass protection downs. Booby always has been a good pass blocking RB. Hopefully, USM doesn't pick up on this fact also... because numerous times when Hall went out (and he was the hot back Saturday), we went to passing with Booby in the backfield blocking for the QB's.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Only problem I saw was on the screen pass. He waits for it to develop, he may have scored or at least gotten more yardage. Noticed a couple of nice blitz pick-ups on his part ..............

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,990
  • Days Won:  469

Having watched the game a few times, it's amazing how many times Andre just wouldn't go down.  He didn't make guys miss, he just kept running and they couldn't bring him down on tries 1-3.  Low center of gravity and great balance...Looks like he sees the holes pretty quickly.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

on some runs if he had just a step more patience he would have gotten 50+ more yds.

BUT I AM NOT COMPLAINING!