• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

SELVIE 99% SURE HE WILL RETURN '09 SEASON

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

"picture boy"?

You watch your language, young man!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  624
  • Days Won:  0

I have no problem with him leaving after his Junior year. He has given us fans more than we could have asked for. He will be graduating in May '09 and that was a goal of his from the start. He is probably the classiest USF player I have ever met. I hope he is rewarded with a long NFL career.

• Content Count:  172
  • Days Won:  0

It all depends on his year, if its awesome he wont be back.

I have a feeling it will be a good one. ;)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  145

as I recall, he was facing plenty of double teams halfway through last season. It wasn't as if he was under the radar the whole way.

anyway-- whatever happens or he decides, it's pretty hard to argue that his efforts as a Bull were anything less than stellar. If he goes to the NFL early, I have no problem with that. It allows the next great DE recruit a spot they can fill --- it helps us recruiting wise and reputation-wise.

If he comes close to putting up numbers like last year-- he might get top ten consideration if he performs well at the combine.

It's sometimes hard to believe some of the hype he has received-- but I sure like anything that promotes our program.

How many of his sacks were during the 1st half? He like like 6 vs Elon and Auburn alone.

I said halfway through the season and you reply with the first two games. Yeah-- that's equivalent

Are you really that slow?

I will make this easy for you to understand picture boy.

Correct me if I am wrong. Your point was that he still put up big numbers even though half way through the season he was double teamed.

My point was that I thought 6 of his 14 sacks were in the first two games alone. (before he was double teamed)

I was actually wrong it was 5 sacks

But according to you he was more under the radar the first half. Here are his first half numbers.

21 TFL 11 Sacks

Here are his 2nd half numbers

10 TFL 3 Sacks

Looks to me as if he slowed down once he was double teamed.

hmmmm... seems like someone is getting double teamed here in the Auburn game--- he was double teamed all season long chump

JIMG_0964.jpg

• Content Count:  9,038

STOP SHOWING OFF, "PICTURE BOY"!!!!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,577
  • Days Won:  29

LOL ...

First of all ... wonder if some that post actually watch the games.

"coverage sacks" ?

Selvie has some of the best speed off the corner and get's a great first step off the snap.

Selvie was double teamed all season and his numbers dropped off the 2nd half of the season.

Back on subject, as many mentioned ... this is a win-win for USF.

Also of note, Selvie is serious about helping Leavitt get his 100th win. But his financial potential will dictate and Leavitt would not have it any other way.

Go BULLS !!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,453
  • Days Won:  13

as I recall, he was facing plenty of double teams halfway through last season. It wasn't as if he was under the radar the whole way.

anyway-- whatever happens or he decides, it's pretty hard to argue that his efforts as a Bull were anything less than stellar. If he goes to the NFL early, I have no problem with that. It allows the next great DE recruit a spot they can fill --- it helps us recruiting wise and reputation-wise.

If he comes close to putting up numbers like last year-- he might get top ten consideration if he performs well at the combine.

It's sometimes hard to believe some of the hype he has received-- but I sure like anything that promotes our program.

How many of his sacks were during the 1st half? He like like 6 vs Elon and Auburn alone.

I said halfway through the season and you reply with the first two games. Yeah-- that's equivalent

Are you really that slow?

I will make this easy for you to understand picture boy.

Correct me if I am wrong. Your point was that he still put up big numbers even though half way through the season he was double teamed.

My point was that I thought 6 of his 14 sacks were in the first two games alone. (before he was double teamed)

I was actually wrong it was 5 sacks

But according to you he was more under the radar the first half. Here are his first half numbers.

21 TFL 11 Sacks

Here are his 2nd half numbers

10 TFL 3 Sacks

Looks to me as if he slowed down once he was double teamed.

hmmmm... seems like someone is getting double teamed here in the Auburn game--- he was double teamed all season long chump

JIMG_0964.jpg

YOU SAID HALFWAY not me.

The clowns on the internet

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

"coverage sacks" ?

Selvie has some of the best speed off the corner and get's a great first step off the snap.

yup.  there were times during the season that he practically stole the ball before the QB got a chance to hand-off to the back.

Selvie got pwnd by big-time tackles like Sosa over at Buttgirls, but most teams don't have guys like him on their OLines.

Selvie will likely see as much or more attention from OL blocking schemes this year, but his talent, size and strength will also have improved...  i don't see why he wouldn't be able to match or improve upon his numbers from last year.

• Content Count:  714

As long as Selvie gets his degree then im happy for him. Ive never met him, but he sounds like one hell of a young man, wish him nothing but the best in everything he does and at the next level when the time comes. In the mean time, i hope he gets 20 sacks and 35 TFL this season.

Even if he dosent get his degree he will earn more than most with a Harvard Degree

I believe he is on track to graduate in May.

• Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

"coverage sacks" ?

yup.  there were times during the season that he practically stole the ball before the QB got a chance to hand-off to the back.

Selvie got pwnd by big-time tackles like Sosa over at Buttgirls, but most teams don't have guys like him on their OLines.

Selvie will likely see as much or more attention from OL blocking schemes this year, but his talent, size and strength will also have improved...  i don't see why he wouldn't be able to match or improve upon his numbers from last year.

Let's have a look-see at EXPECTED Left Tackles of opponents:

1.  TN-Martin..... hell if I know

2.  UCF.....  Patrick Brown    C-USA 1st team    #1 in the country in starts at LT      But it's a UCF player

3.  Kansas......  Jeff Spikes    Redshirt Freshman  At 6'6"  314, he might be a little sluggish and definitely inexperienced

4.  NC State.....  Julian Williams    Junior    Started every game last season except three from injury    Highly Touted out of High School

5.  FIU......  Andy Leavine    Junior  Started every game since his freshman year     

6.  Pitt....... Jason Pinkston    Soph  Was a D-lineman  Started 3 games at RT last year

7.  Syracuse......  Tucker Baumbach  Soph    Only one start last season

8.  Louisville......  George Bussey    1st Tm BE    This guy shut Selvie down last season

9.  Cincy......  Khalil El-Amin    Senior    Started at RT last season

10.  Rutgers.......  Anthony Davis    Soph    Freshman AA last season at RG. 

11.  UCONN........  William Beatty    Senior  Solid starter since freshman year.

12.  West Virginia......  Ryan Stanchek  1st Team AA last season

There you have it.  He's going up against 2 AA lineman and a couple of All-conference lineman.  Matching his numbers from last season will not be easy....  but he will have another solid AA year.

Archived